SEC's lunch links
March, 20, 2014
By Greg Ostendorf | ESPN.com
March Madness is here. A new Cinderella will emerge, and your bracket is bound to start falling apart. For those at work and for those who are taking off early, enjoy a full day of basketball, and for a little football, enjoy today’s lunch links.
- Michael Sam, the SEC defensive player of the year, is among a handful of Missouri players who will work out at the Tigers' pro day on Thursday. Watch live on ESPN3 at noon ET.
- The SEC coaches fought over the 10-second rule all offseason, but Alabama’s linebackers aren’t worried about it or the hurry-up, no-huddle offense.
- The left tackle position at Auburn is wide open, and it looks as though Patrick Miller and Shon Coleman are getting the first crack at it in the first week of spring practice.
- Florida opened spring practice on Wednesday, and the fans saw a more up-tempo style on offense, following a growing trend in college football.
- Former LSU running back Jeremy Hill had his probation lifted Wednesday, a punishment stemming from an incident he was involved in last year.
- Josh Robinson is in line to be the next great running back at Mississippi State, and he has high expectations for himself heading into the season.
- After moving from running back to defensive back last August, Jamari Smith is still learning how to play cornerback in hopes of filling the void in South Carolina’s secondary.
- As spring practice rolls on for Tennessee, the Vols continue to rebuild an offensive line that lost five starters from last fall.
- There has been plenty of criticism of Johnny Manziel over the years, but one ESPN analyst says the former Texas A&M quarterback has 'bust written all over him.'
AGGIENATION RECRUITING NEWS
TAMU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Mark Snyder retweeted
- Jon Lee retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
12:00 PM ET Florida Tennessee 12:00 PM ET 6 Texas A&M 12 Mississippi State 3:30 PM ET 3 Alabama 11 Ole Miss 4:00 PM ET Vanderbilt 13 Georgia 7:00 PM ET 15 LSU 5 Auburn 7:30 PM ET South Carolina Kentucky