SEC lunchtime links
February, 26, 2014
By Sam Khan Jr. | ESPN.com
Even more NFL combine talk, a player returns to his alma mater as a coach, recruiting and more in today's lunch links:
- Missouri cornerback E.J. Gaines, who is at the NFL combine, isn't the biggest cornerback, but he believes it's more about the plays he makes than the stature of the player.
- Former All-SEC linebacker Travis Williams will return to Auburn to join Gus Malzahn's staff as a defensive analyst.
- If you haven't had enough Jadeveon Clowney talk, here's some more: The potential top overall pick discusses the impact assistant coach Brad Lawing -- who spent two seasons at South Carolina, but is now at Florida -- had on his development.
- Arkansas center Travis Swanson didn't concern himself with what other players at his position were doing at the combine or making proclamations. He focused on his performance in hopes of impressing scouts.
- The "Dream Team" recruiting pitch has been successful in the past for Georgia and Mark Richt said the Bulldogs have thought about using it more.
- Renovations of Kentucky's Commonwealth Stadium have begun. The 41-year-old stadium is getting a $110 million facelift.
- Ranking the talent level of the SEC rosters heading into 2014.
- What is the first term that pops up from Google's autocomplete function when you type a head coach's name into the search box? A fun look at results from SEC coaches and beyond.
- Recent off-the-field issues involving two defensive players and suspensions dating to last season are somewhat of concern for Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin.
Hill Surpasses Manziel In Opener
Final 21 Texas A&M 52 9 South Carolina 28 Final Boise State 13 18 Ole Miss 35 Final Temple 37 Vanderbilt 7
12:00 PM ET Tennessee-Martin Kentucky 3:30 PM ET South Dakota State 24 Missouri 3:30 PM ET West Virginia 2 Alabama 4:00 PM ET Arkansas 6 Auburn 5:30 PM ET 16 Clemson 12 Georgia 7:00 PM ET Idaho Florida 7:30 PM ET Southern Miss Mississippi State 9:00 PM ET 14 Wisconsin 13 LSU