SEC's lunch links
February, 6, 2014
By Greg Ostendorf | ESPN.com
The dust has finally settled on signing day. It was another year in which the SEC dominated the class rankings, and the league is hoping that will translate to championships. Read more about the future in Thursday’s lunch links.
- Former prized recruit Elisha Shaw will likely never play a down of football again, but that didn’t stop Nick Saban and Alabama from reportedly honoring his scholarship on signing day.
- Auburn missed on local four-star recruit Rashaan Evans, but coach Gus Malzahn is happy with the Tigers’ top-10 class and looking forward to the future.
- Florida finished strong on signing day despite a disappointing season because recruits were sold on the Gators’ brand and saw an opportunity in Gainesville.
- Georgia found success in bordering states after a number of highly touted in-state recruits chose to leave the Peach State.
- With signing day complete, it’s now up to a new breed of recruits and coaches at Kentucky to take the next step and turn the program around.
- It was yet another successful signing day for Les Miles and his staff. What was going on behind the scenes at LSU all day?
- Ole Miss wasn’t landing five-star recruits on signing day like a year ago, but that doesn’t mean it wasn't still a busy day for the Rebels.
- Alabama, Florida State and LSU stole the headlines, but it was Steve Spurrier and South Carolina that executed their end game flawlessly on signing day.
- Kevin Sumlin keeps landing top-10 classes, and with that success he hopes he can start turning good seasons into great ones at Texas A&M.
AGGIENATION RECRUITING NEWS
TAMU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Edward Aschoff retweeted
- Jon Lee retweeted
- Jon Lee retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
12:00 PM ET Louisiana-Monroe Texas A&M 3:30 PM ET Florida 11 Georgia 4:00 PM ET Kentucky Missouri 7:00 PM ET 3 Auburn 4 Ole Miss 7:00 PM ET Old Dominion Vanderbilt 7:15 PM ET Arkansas 1 Mississippi State 7:30 PM ET Tennessee South Carolina