SEC lunchtime links
January, 28, 2014
By Sam Khan Jr. | ESPN.com
Sounds like it's cold in some parts of SEC country as winter storms make their way through the south. Everyone stay warm and do some reading about SEC football below with today's lunch links:
- In addition to extensive renovations to Commonwealth Stadium, Kentucky now plans to add a new $45 million training facility including practice fields for the Wildcats should it be approved by the school's Board of Trustees on Friday.
- After a memorable season that included a berth in the BCS title game, the Auburn Tigers and coach Gus Malzahn turn the page. Athletic director Jay Jacobs said Malzahn's "got the throttle pressed all the way to the floor, trying to push it through the floor. He can't get back there quick enough."
- Alabama's new quarterback, Jacob Coker said "I felt like I was coming home," when discussing his transfer to the Crimson Tide.
- When Arkansas lost assistant coach Charlie Partridge to the head coaching job at Florida Atlantic, the Razorbacks didn't necessarily lose their presence in South Florida area recruiting, as Bret Bielema's two recent commitments seem to indicate.
- Missouri strength and conditioning coach Pat Ivey, who was named Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year by FootballScoop.com, recently completed his Ph.D in sports psychology.
- Since the season ended, South Carolina quarterback Connor Shaw has stayed pretty busy.
- James Franklin's face still resides on a mural that is painted on a building near the Vanderbilt campus and for obvious reasons, Commodores fans want it down quickly.
- Who takes the place of Johnny Manziel at Texas A&M? What about C.J. Mosley at Alabama? Some names of potential successors.
AGGIENATION RECRUITING NEWS
TAMU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Edward Aschoff retweeted
- ESPN_SEC retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
Final UAB 17 Arkansas 45 Final 1 Mississippi State 45 Kentucky 31 Final Vanderbilt 14 Missouri 24 Final 3 Ole Miss 7 24 LSU 10 Final South Carolina 35 5 Auburn 42 Final 4 Alabama 34 Tennessee 20