SEC lunchtime links
January, 21, 2014
By Alex Scarborough | ESPN.com
So this is the new College Football Playoff? On Monday, tickets to the first-ever title game under the new format became available for purchase. But the cheapest premium seats -- sounds like something of an oxymoron, doesn't it? -- come at the hefty price of $2,000.
- Monte Kiffin says his son, Lane, is "pretty fired up" about coaching at Alabama.
- Auburn's offense is in a good spot with center Reese Dismukes returning for his senior season. But the Tigers did lose a top reserve.
- We couldn't have said it any better. In a Q&A, South Carolina quarterback Connor Shaw had this to say: "At the end of the day, I'm a winner."
- Johnny Manziel said what I'm sure a lot of Texas A&M fans were thinking as they watched the Seattle Seahawks host the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday and listened to the announcers go on and on and on about the crowd noise. Manziel pointed out who the real 12th man is.
- As those who watched Florida suffer through last season know, the offense wasn't the only problem. For the Gators to rebound in 2014, special teams must improve as well. And new coach Coleman Hutzler is eager for the challenge.
- James Franklin's raid on Vanderbilt coaches and commitments continues. We might have to start calling his new program the Penn State Commodores the way this is going.
- Geoff Collins made the most of his first full season as defensive coordinator at Mississippi State. So much so that the administration awarded him an extension that will pay him $1.2 million over the next two years.
AGGIENATION RECRUITING NEWS
TAMU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Texas A&M Athletics retweeted
- TexAgs retweeted
- Edward Aschoff retweeted
- ESPN Texas A&M retweeted
- SEC Sports retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
12:00 PM ET Florida Tennessee 12:00 PM ET 6 Texas A&M 12 Mississippi State 3:30 PM ET 3 Alabama 11 Ole Miss 4:00 PM ET Vanderbilt 13 Georgia 7:00 PM ET 15 LSU 5 Auburn 7:30 PM ET South Carolina Kentucky