SEC's lunch links
So when big dominoes fall, like Texas hiring Charlie Strong and Penn State's Bill O'Brien leaving for the NFL, the ripples fuel a whole new round of the coaching carousel.
Former Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino is back at Louisville, one of his former stops) to replace Strong. Will PSU hire James Franklin away from Vanderbilt? Stay tuned!
- Auburn's sensational running back Tre Mason will announce his decision to go pro or stay in college at 2 p.m. ET today.
- Multiple reports say Michigan has hired Alabama offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier for the same position. Could Lane Kiffin replace him? Or possibly former Bama QB Freddie Kitchens?
- Franklin reportedly met with Penn State's search committee on Wednesday and was offered the job.
- Johnny Manziel bids farewell to Texas A&M and its fans in a letter. Very classy. Expect Johnny Football talk to dominate the NFL draft.
- Arkansas hires a Rory Segrest to be its defensive line coach. He replaces Charlie Partridge.
- LSU has a number of possible candidates to consider in filling its offensive line coaching spot.
- Tennessee announced a whopping 14 early enrollees. That's nearly half of a large and important class for Butch Jones, one he hopes will contribute immediately.
- Georgia coach Mark Richt will meet today with athletic director Greg McGarity. Meanwhile, offensive coordinator Mike Bobo likes his depth.
- Maty Mauk has the inside track on starting at quarterback for Missouri in 2014.
- Kentucky quarterback Maxwell Smith and safety Ashely Lowery will miss spring practice.
- Florida's new director of player personnel is swamped with recruiting.
- A look at South Carolina's 2014 schedule. Coach Steve Spurrier has an amusing feud with Clemson's Dabo Swinney.
- Grading Mississippi State's wide receivers and tight ends.
- A season in review: Ole Miss running backs.
Arkansas Razorbacks, Alabama Crimson Tide, Georgia Bulldogs, Kentucky Wildcats, LSU Tigers, Mississippi State Bulldogs, Missouri Tigers, SEC, South Carolina Gamecocks, Tennessee Volunteers, Vanderbilt Commodores, Texas A&M Aggies, Auburn Tigers, Florida Gators, Ole Miss Rebels, Maxwell Smith, Johnny Manziel, Tre Mason, Ashely Lowery, Maty Mauk
Florida State Still No. 1 In AP Poll
AGGIENATION RECRUITING NEWS
TAMU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Texas A&M Athletics retweeted
- SEC Sports retweeted
- SEC Sports retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
12:00 PM ET Florida Atlantic 2 Alabama 12:00 PM ET 24 Missouri Toledo 12:00 PM ET Arkansas State Tennessee 2:00 PM ET UAB Mississippi State 3:30 PM ET Ohio Kentucky 4:00 PM ET Eastern Michigan Florida 4:00 PM ET Nicholls State Arkansas 4:30 PM ET 18 Ole Miss Vanderbilt 7:00 PM ET East Carolina 9 South Carolina 7:00 PM ET San Jose State 6 Auburn 7:30 PM ET Sam Houston State 13 LSU 7:30 PM ET Lamar 21 Texas A&M