SEC lunchtime links
November, 26, 2013
By Greg Ostendorf | ESPN.com
It’s the final week of the regular season in the SEC, and there’s plenty to talk about. Here’s a look at Tuesday’s news and notes from around the league.
- There’s more hype surrounding this year’s Iron Bowl than there’s ever been in this rivalry, but for Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron, it’s just another game.
- Auburn defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson, a former assistant coach at Alabama, is excited to be a part of the Iron Bowl again, this time with the Tigers.
- Thanks to losses by Baylor and Oregon, Missouri has moved back into the BCS top five with one game left on the schedule -- a visit from Texas A&M.
- South Carolina has won four in a row in the The Battle of the Palmetto State, and the senior class is looking to stay perfect against Clemson with a win on Saturday.
- Because of players such as cornerback Rashard Robinson, the future looks bright for LSU’s young but talented defense.
- Texas A&M will be well represented in Walt Disney World next month for the Home Depot College Football Awards show.
- Despite rumors swirling about his future, Florida coach Will Muschamp is comfortable with the support he has from the university.
- Josh Harvey-Clemons forever will be linked to Auburn’s Hail Mary two weeks ago, but the Georgia safety rebounded well against Kentucky last weekend.
- Win or lose Saturday, Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen has done enough in his five seasons to warrant more time to build the program.
- On Monday, Kentucky unveiled plans for a smaller, "more fan-friendly" Commonwealth Stadium.
AGGIENATION RECRUITING NEWS
TAMU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Sam Khan Jr. retweeted
- Jon Lee retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
Final Troy 0 13 Georgia 66 Final 6 Texas A&M 58 SMU 6 Final Florida 21 3 Alabama 42 Final Indiana 31 18 Missouri 27 Final Northern Illinois 14 Arkansas 52 Final Mississippi State 34 8 LSU 29 Final 14 South Carolina 48 Vanderbilt 34