SEC lunchtime links
- He's Alabama's best defensive player and maybe the Crimson Tide's best player, period. This year, linebacker C.J. Mosley has made the most of his senior season and not held anything back -- not even his on-field demeanor.
- With a spread offense, there isn't always a spot for a fullback or H-back, but there is in Gus Malzahn's scheme and Jay Prosch has been a real key to the success of the Auburn running game this season.
- Missouri receiver Dorial Green-Beckham had a huge day in the Tigers' last victory, catching seven passes for 100 yards and four touchdowns against Kentucky. Could that be a sign of things to come for the sophomore?
- Jadeveon Clowney might not be the only Gamecocks player declaring for early entry into the NFL draft. Two other defensive starters -- defensive tackle Kelcy Quarles and cornerback Victor Hampton -- will consider the option after the season.
- Despite what others on campus might say or feel, Texas A&M president R. Bowen Loftin is sticking to his original proclamation of "anytime, anywhere," when it comes to playing in-state rival Texas and thinks at some point in time, it will happen.
- Coaches often emphasize rushing the passer and protecting their own quarterback as keys to winning. LSU's Les Miles is no different, noting the Tigers have to do that this weekend.
- With Tyler Russell and Dak Prescott dealing with injuries, Mississippi State freshman Damian Williams could make his first start at quarterback on Saturday for the Bulldogs.
- Jordan Matthews continues to set records and the Vanderbilt receiver is on the verge of setting another this weekend against Tennessee.
- With Skyler Mornhinweg possibly set to start for an injured Tyler Murphy at quarterback, the Gators backup is a senior walk-on and scout team quarterback, Christian Provancha.
Alabama Crimson Tide, LSU Tigers, Mississippi State Bulldogs, South Carolina Gamecocks, Vanderbilt Commodores, Texas A&M Aggies, Auburn Tigers, Florida Gators, Tyler Russell, Dorial Green-Beckham, Jay Prosch, Jordan Matthews, C.J. Mosley, Jadeveon Clowney, Les Miles, Victor Hampton, Dak Prescott, Kelcy Quarles, Christian Provancha, Damian Williams
Drive Through: Projecting the Playoff Field
AGGIENATION RECRUITING NEWS
TAMU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Kevin Sumlin retweeted
- Kevin Sumlin retweeted
- Mark Snyder retweeted
- Edward Aschoff retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
12:00 PM ET Florida Atlantic 2 Alabama 12:00 PM ET 24 Missouri Toledo 12:00 PM ET Arkansas State Tennessee 2:00 PM ET UAB Mississippi State 3:30 PM ET Ohio Kentucky 4:00 PM ET Eastern Michigan Florida 4:00 PM ET Nicholls State Arkansas 4:30 PM ET 18 Ole Miss Vanderbilt 7:00 PM ET East Carolina 9 South Carolina 7:00 PM ET San Jose State 6 Auburn 7:30 PM ET Sam Houston State 13 LSU 7:30 PM ET Lamar 21 Texas A&M