SEC lunchtime links
- Many wondered what would come of Missouri's offense without star quarterback James Franklin. With Maty Mauk calling the shots now, it appears the Tigers offense isn't going to change, and that's a good thing.
- Earlier this season, Alabama gave up 42 points to Texas A&M. The Crimson Tide's other six opponents have scored a combined 26, giving Alabama the nation's No 1 scoring defense.
- Given a pressure-packed situation on the road against a top-10 team, Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall showed poise and playmaking ability that has the Tigers sitting pretty.
- LSU's loss to Ole Miss showed that the Tigers have some issues on both sides of the football.
- Texas A&M's defense, particularly against the run, has been a weakness this season. On Saturday, Auburn exposed it, leading to a defeat.
- South Carolina quarterback Connor Shaw is "doubtful" to play against No. 5 Missouri this week because of a knee sprain, according to Gamecocks coach Steve Spurrier.
- Coming off a 52-0 defeat at the hands of No. 1 Alabama, Arkansas' offense continues to struggle.
- Georgia coach Mark Richt hopes that the beaten-up Bulldogs see some players return soon, including running back Todd Gurley and receiver Michael Bennett, both of whom Richt says "have a pretty good shot" of returning on Nov. 2 against Florida.
- Now out of the top 25 after its loss to Missouri, Florida has its work cut out for it moving forward and is still searching for answers.
- Ole Miss got some tough news on Sunday when it was announced that freshman tight end Evan Engram will miss the remainder of the season with a high ankle sprain.
- After an upset win over South Carolina, the hire of Tennessee's Butch Jones is looking better by the day, thanks to his leadership.
- Kentucky is still in search of the right mix for its offensive line.
- Vanderbilt's defense has made some changes schematically, and those made a big difference in the Commodores' upset of Georgia.
Arkansas Razorbacks, Alabama Crimson Tide, Georgia Bulldogs, Kentucky Wildcats, LSU Tigers, Missouri Tigers, South Carolina Gamecocks, Tennessee Volunteers, Vanderbilt Commodores, Texas A&M Aggies, Auburn Tigers, Florida Gators, Ole Miss Rebels, Mississippi Rebels, Connor Shaw, James Franklin, Michael Bennett, Todd Gurley, Butch Jones, Nick Marshall, Evan Engram
Saturday's top plays in the SEC
AGGIENATION RECRUITING NEWS
TAMU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
2014 SEC STANDINGS
12:00 PM ET Eastern Kentucky Florida 12:00 PM ET Charleston Southern 10 Georgia 12:00 PM ET South Alabama South Carolina 3:30 PM ET 8 Ole Miss Arkansas 4:00 PM ET Western Carolina 1 Alabama 7:00 PM ET Samford 14 Auburn 7:30 PM ET 20 Missouri Tennessee 7:30 PM ET Vanderbilt 4 Mississippi State