SEC lunchtime links
- Cyrus Kouandjio says "people misunderstood" Alabama's offensive line after Game 1. But following an impressive showing this past weekend, it's safe to say no one is doubting them now.
- When Auburn and LSU meet this Saturday, it will be a battle of two of the best red-zone offenses in the SEC.
- Brandon Allen hasn't been ruled out yet, but Arkansas' players are rallying around backup quarterback AJ Derby as preparation for Rutgers begins.
- Johnny Manziel's improbable 12-yard heave for a first down against Alabama -- you know the play -- has given Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin a valuable teaching opportunity.
- With Mo Couch indefinitely ineligibile, a pair of Tennessee defensive tackles have a big chance ahead of them.
- Matt Jones looked good in his return to the football field against Miami, but Florida's starting tailback says he was still getting back into the groove. After a bye week to prepare, Jones is eager to get back to form this weekend.
- Mississippi State quarterback Dak Prescott was new to starting for the Bulldogs against Auburn, but he quickly found himself a favorite target in Joe Morrow.
- A buzzsaw awaits Ole Miss after a terrific start to the season.
- Kentucky quarterback Maxwell Smith's much talked about shoulder seems to be healing well and he should be good to go against Florida.
- The numbers are bad. Georgia's run defense is truly a work in progress.
- Les Miles says preparation is key for LSU's defense when it goes up against Auburn's uptempo attack this weekend.
Alabama Crimson Tide, Georgia Bulldogs, Kentucky Wildcats, LSU Tigers, Mississippi State Bulldogs, SEC, Tennessee Volunteers, Texas A&M Aggies, Auburn Tigers, Florida Gators, Ole Miss Rebels, Alabama, Texas A&M, Auburn, Florida, Kentucky, LSU, Maxwell Smith, Joe Morrow, Johnny Manziel, Les Miles, Brandon Allen, Matt Jones, Maurice Couch, Dak Prescott, AJ Derby, Cyrus Kounadjio