Penn State Nittany Lions: RJ Shelton
September, 10, 2013
By Chantel Jennings | ESPN.com
But there's one sound that no one knows. What does the fox say?
- Video from Urban Meyer's Monday press conference, as well as notes previewing Cal and updates on players. The Buckeyes actually have more swag with Kenny Guiton in the huddle. Here's a video of what it would be like to be on the field at halftime. The "Are You Smarter than a Wolverine" was coincidence says the band director.
- The Wall Street Journal's podcast takes a look at whether Devin Gardner should wear No. 98. Michigan hopes to avoid a drop in energy from the Notre Dame game to the Akron game. AD Dave Brandon hopes to have a yearly night game in Michigan Stadium. Shawn Windsor says Gardner has been displayed NFL potential already this season.
- Teddy Greenstein takes a look at whether Pat Fitzgerald would ever leave NU. AND SB Nation looks at whether Fitzgerald is the hottest coaching candidate in 2013. Northwestern emphasizes "rips, strips and tips" on defense. The Wildcats must stay focused against a lesser opponent in Western Michigan this weekend.
- The Badgers impress Arizona State coach Todd Graham and other notes for the the Wisconsin-ASU matchup. The warm ups are over for Wisconsin as they head to Tempe. Wisconsin's defense is ready for the spread.
- Video and notes from Bo Pelini's Monday press conference. UCLA is coming to Nebraska and Pelini says the Cornhuskers owe them one. A photo of the Cornhuskers' black uniforms for this Saturday.
- A nice feature on Penn State RB Akeel Lynch, aka "The Big Maple." UCF's George O'Leary is Bill O'Brien's biggest mentor in the game, but that doesn't matter Saturday. If the Nittany Lions defeat UCF this weekend, they could likely start the season 5-0.
- Philip Nelson leads not only the Gophers on the ground, but the Big Ten as well. Minnesota-San Jose State will be played at 11 a.m. CT on Sept. 21. San Jose State has a bye week before Minnesota but it is not taking much of a break.
- MSU RB Nick Hill is a bright spot in a struggling offense. Youngstown State is excited for the chance to take down Michigan State. If the offense doesn't improve, MSU is risking its team chemistry, writes Terry Foster. Freshman RB RJ Shelton will also play some WR.
- The Illini's offense has come to life under Bill Cubit. Illinois picked up a few votes in the latest national polls. Video of Tim Beckman's press conference from Monday.
- IU looks to improve its run game, which has stats that coach Kevin Wilson describes as "horrible." Wilson and AD Fred Glass aren't on the same page about comments made about Navy. Video of Wilson's Monday press conference.
- Hawkeyes turn their focus to Iowa-Iowa State week. Iowa State says this game will be just as exciting even though there's not as much buzz as usual. Announcers John Walters and Gary Dolphin weigh in on the Iowa-Iowa State rivalry game this weekend.
The Early Offer: March 5
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35