Penn State Nittany Lions: Curtis Blackwell
Winter is coming ... but not soon enough.
- Jerry Kill's assistants are getting new deals, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune, and the contracts are expected to be finalized next week. Both coordinators reportedly agreed to three-year deals.
- Two players raised in SEC country will compete for one of Nebraska's starting cornerback spots.
- Recruiting coordinator Curtis Blackwell played an integral role in finally getting Malik McDowell in a Spartans' uniform.
- In an effort to improve last year's struggling secondary, Ohio State is now having the safeties and cornerbacks meet together -- and has adopted a more aggressive philosophy.
- DE Brad Bars missed last season with a ruptured Achilles tendon, but Penn State's fifth-year senior is expecting to bounce back in a big way.
- Randy Edsall says this is his best Maryland team yet in a Q&A with the Big Ten Network's Tom Dienhart.
- Michigan's running backs have taken big strides this spring, and Brady Hoke has been pleased with their progress.
- Wisconsin's quarterback is a projected No. 1 NFL draft pick ... in the upcoming Kevin Costner movie "Draft Day." The film will use game footage of former signal-caller Tyler Donovan.
- Rutgers TE Nick Arcidiacono is aiming to become a more well-rounded player, and he's hoping for a significant role opposite Tyler Kroft.
- Iowa QB Jake Rudock says he's hoping to improve his decision-making in this Q&A with the Des Moines Register.
It's a terrible love, and I'm walking with spiders.
- Loren Tate looks at why Illinois football has struggled over the years. Aaron Bailey is not deterred by the arrival of Wes Lunt. Ten camp questions for the Illini.
- Linebackers are looking to step up for Indiana (subscription required). Kevin Wilson took his team on a paintball outing.
- Quarterback and receiver remain question marks as Iowa prepares to enter camp. A departing Hawkeye receiver was charged with driving while intoxicated.
- Five things to watch at Michigan's camp. The Wolverines should have plenty of position battles. Michigan has comfort in Brady Hoke's third year, and yet also a lot to prove.
- Curtis Blackwell talks about being the new Michigan State recruiting director. Offseason improvements have given the Spartans an edge. Mark Dantonio is mum on possible injuries.
- Minnesota running back Donnell Kirkwood is aiming for a major breakout year. Chris Streveler is no lock to win the Gophers No. 3 quarterback job. Improved athleticism is showing early in Minnesota practices.
- Can Nebraska's young defenders deal with the scrutiny that surrounds them? The Huskers are hoping to set off a scoring explosion similar to the 1983 Big Red machine. Bo Pelini's defense can succeed if he can solidify things up the gut.
- Kain Colter has opinions and gives Northwestern lots of options. The Wildcats are taking some corrective measures with their pass defense.
- Ohio State opened preseason practice on Sunday. Braxton Miller should have a lot more help on offense this season. Miller must take control of the Buckeyes' passing game. Ohio State has to fight overconfidence and complacency.
- Who will win Penn State's quarterback battle? Five camp questions for the Nittany Lions. Some PSU position battles to watch.
- Revenue sharing is the lifeblood for athletic departments at Purdue and Indiana. Dolapo Macarthy looked good in Purdue's first practice, but other receivers need to step it up for the Boilers. Purdue's defensive backs aim to be the best in the Big Ten.
- Ten questions for Wisconsin this preseason. The Badgers' offensive line coach demands toughness and leadership. Jeff Lewis is adjusting to his switch from running back to safety.
Penn State 2015 Class Debuts At No. 3
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
TBD California Northwestern TBD Indiana State Indiana TBD Jacksonville State Michigan State TBD Appalachian State Michigan TBD Florida Atlantic Nebraska TBD Youngstown State Illinois TBD Northern Iowa Iowa TBD Ohio State Navy TBD Western Michigan Purdue 8:30 AM ET Penn State UCF 9:00 PM ET LSU Wisconsin