Penn State Nittany Lions: Brett Van Sloten
- Nick Saban talks about why Alabama nixed the Michigan State series. More on the series cancellation from Joe Rexrode. The Spartans bolster their kicking game in recruiting.
- Some more takes on Jim Delany's pay-for-play comments here and here and here.
- Tom Dienhart previews Week 5 in the Big Ten.
- A great look at Kenny Guiton's evolution with Ohio State. Ohio State's run game is based around power. Urban Meyer calls Wisconsin the king of the Big Ten, but his Ohio State players disagree.
- Wisconsin defensive coordinator Dave Aranda talked with two former Badgers assistants to help prep for Ohio State. Center Dan Voltz is ready for his chance at Ohio State. Badgers nose guard Beau Allen wants to rush the passer. TCF Bank Stadium is sold out for Floyd. Wisconsin's defense is getting healthier.
- A video look at the Iowa-Minnesota series. An excellent profile of Iowa CB B.J. Lowery from Marc Morehouse. Hawkeyes offensive linemen Brett Van Sloten has molded himself into a Big Ten player.
- QB Philip Nelson and RB Donnell Kirkwood don't appear on Minnesota's latest injury report. Minnesota has played disciplined football so far.
- The USA Today crew makes its national Week 5 picks.
- A good look at Illinois' versatile offensive weapon Josh Ferguson. Illini LB Jonathan Brown mentors the defense. Former Illinois AD Ron Guenther, who will be honored Saturday, hasn't been forgotten in Champaign.
- A good breakdown of the Purdue-Northern Illinois matchup. The Boilers defense will be tested by NIU's Jordan Lynch. Purdue needs a win before it can regroup during the open week.
- Some Michigan nuggets from offensive coordinator Al Borges. Nick Baumgardner's Michigan mailbag. Michigan and Michigan State have time to fix their flaws, Bob Wojnowski writes.
- Three good things and three questions for Penn State after the first four games. Lions safety Ryan Keiser (hand) likely will miss next week's game at Indiana. After the NCAA amended Penn State's sanctions, USC is looking for the same thing.
- There's no real rift between Kain Colter and Northwestern over the APU movement.
- Indiana is anxious to return to the field after last Saturday's loss.
- Nebraska plays the waiting game in recruiting. The Huskers' Spencer Long says it's time to hit the gas pedal as Big Ten play looms.
Nebraska Cornhuskers, Ohio State Buckeyes, Penn State Nittany Lions, Wisconsin Badgers, Big Ten Conference, Illinois Fighting Illini, Iowa Hawkeyes, Michigan State Spartans, Michigan Wolverines, Indiana Hoosiers, Minnesota Golden Gophers, Northwestern Wildcats, Purdue Boilermakers, Jonathan Brown, Kain Colter, Urban Meyer, Spencer Long, Ryan Keiser, Josh Ferguson, Donnell Kirkwood, Jim Delany, Kenny Guiton, Al Borges, Dan Voltz, Jordan Lynch, Dave Aranda, B.J. Lowery, Phillip Nelson, Beau Allen, Brett Van Sloten, Nick Saban, Ron Guenther