NittanyNation: Week in review
June, 17, 2013
By Josh Moyer | ESPN.com
NittanyNation takes a look at this week's Penn State football news and what you might have missed:
- PSU released an updated depth chart late last week, and there were a few surprises.
- Minkah Fitzpatrick is primed to be one of the top DBs in his 2015 class, and it's difficult to find someone more dedicated to his craft. From the 75-minute drives to school to not resting on his days off, Fitzpatrick already means business.
- In this video clip, "College Football Live" discussed the Penn State quarterback situation in 2013 and how Bill O'Brien has been able to lure top QBs to Happy Valley. Earlier in the week, in another video, ESPN also addressed the importance of adding ESPN 150 Michael O'Connor.
- Former Heisman winner Chris Weinke talked about O'Connor and just what Penn State's getting in this in-depth Q&A.
- 2015 DE Darius Fullwood said PSU is going to be one of his top choices after receiving an offer at a recent camp.
- Incoming run-on QB Jack Seymour turned down several MAC offers for a spot on PSU's roster. He talked about that and his career goals in a Q&A.
- 2015 WR Irvin Charles didn't initially expect PSU to wind up in his top two this quickly, but he also didn't expect to enjoy the Happy Valley atmosphere so much, either.
- We talked underrated recruits, Christian Hackenberg's odds to start and more in this past week's SportsNation chat.
- What nonconference opponent would most fans like to see Penn State play? Brian Bennett polled some PSU fans to find out.
- Juco DL Cory Johnson said, if he had to commit somewhere tomorrow, he'd pick Penn State . His scholarship offer is pending a transcript.
- 2016 QB Jarrett Guarantano caught a lot of eyes at a recent PSU camp and he said his visit to Happy Valley definitely exceeded his expectations.
- 2015 OL Matt Burrell already has 17 offers, but he offered up his early opinion on the Nittany Lions .
- Adam Rittenberg took a look at some of the B1G's top first-year players to watch. And, of course, a PSU player happened to find his way on the list.
- 2015 WR/DB David Dowell already has PSU in his top three and he talked about that and more in the most recent edition of "5 Questions."
- We shared a notebook on PSU's June 8 camp , from who came away with an offer to the top performers.
Penn State 2015 Class Debuts At No. 3
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
TBD California Northwestern TBD Indiana State Indiana TBD Jacksonville State Michigan State TBD Appalachian State Michigan TBD Florida Atlantic Nebraska TBD Youngstown State Illinois TBD Northern Iowa Iowa TBD Ohio State Navy TBD Western Michigan Purdue 8:30 AM ET Penn State UCF 9:00 PM ET LSU Wisconsin