NittanyNation: Week in review
June, 17, 2013
By Josh Moyer | ESPN.com
NittanyNation takes a look at this week's Penn State football news and what you might have missed:
- PSU released an updated depth chart late last week, and there were a few surprises.
- Minkah Fitzpatrick is primed to be one of the top DBs in his 2015 class, and it's difficult to find someone more dedicated to his craft. From the 75-minute drives to school to not resting on his days off, Fitzpatrick already means business.
- In this video clip, "College Football Live" discussed the Penn State quarterback situation in 2013 and how Bill O'Brien has been able to lure top QBs to Happy Valley. Earlier in the week, in another video, ESPN also addressed the importance of adding ESPN 150 Michael O'Connor.
- Former Heisman winner Chris Weinke talked about O'Connor and just what Penn State's getting in this in-depth Q&A.
- 2015 DE Darius Fullwood said PSU is going to be one of his top choices after receiving an offer at a recent camp.
- Incoming run-on QB Jack Seymour turned down several MAC offers for a spot on PSU's roster. He talked about that and his career goals in a Q&A.
- 2015 WR Irvin Charles didn't initially expect PSU to wind up in his top two this quickly, but he also didn't expect to enjoy the Happy Valley atmosphere so much, either.
- We talked underrated recruits, Christian Hackenberg's odds to start and more in this past week's SportsNation chat.
- What nonconference opponent would most fans like to see Penn State play? Brian Bennett polled some PSU fans to find out.
- Juco DL Cory Johnson said, if he had to commit somewhere tomorrow, he'd pick Penn State . His scholarship offer is pending a transcript.
- 2016 QB Jarrett Guarantano caught a lot of eyes at a recent PSU camp and he said his visit to Happy Valley definitely exceeded his expectations.
- 2015 OL Matt Burrell already has 17 offers, but he offered up his early opinion on the Nittany Lions .
- Adam Rittenberg took a look at some of the B1G's top first-year players to watch. And, of course, a PSU player happened to find his way on the list.
- 2015 WR/DB David Dowell already has PSU in his top three and he talked about that and more in the most recent edition of "5 Questions."
- We shared a notebook on PSU's June 8 camp , from who came away with an offer to the top performers.
Challenges Facing Franklin at Penn State
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35