NittanyNation: Week in review
June, 10, 2013
By Josh Moyer | ESPN.com
NittanyNation takes a look at this past week's Penn State football news and what you might have missed:
- ESPN 150 QB Michael O'Connor became Penn State's No. 11 commit over the weekend. His pledge is critical for PSU now for several reasons.
- Class of 2015 OL Richie Petitbon said receiving a PSU offer was like "winning the lottery" and also compared it to "coming down on Christmas." He's obviously pretty high on the Nittany Lions right now.
- PSU commit Daquan Worley is a fiery, team-first player. And that was showcased during this video interview
- Four-star athlete Troy Vincent is nearing a decision but is also scheduling three personal visits later this month. "I just don't want to rush into anything," he said.
- Bill O'Brien said he's more organized and comfortable nowadays, so the head coach is ready for more in Year 2. PSU's athletic director also said he expects O'Brien to be the coach for a long time.
- ESPN 150 DT Thomas Holley doesn't mind PSU's sanctions . Actually, he almost looks upon them -- or at least how PSU is making it through them -- as a positive.
- Noah Beh's head coach talked in-depth during a Q&A about the type of player Penn State is getting. We also took a closer look at what Behs' commitment means for PSU.
- PSU is hosting four summer camps for high schoolers, and those camps are just as important to PSU as they are the recruits . PSU recruiting coordinator Charles London and several prospects sound off on the camps.
- Teams are still pursuing safety Marcus Allen, but he said he's "100 percent Penn State" in this past week's edition of "5 Questions."
- During last week's "B1G Official visit" video, we talked about the importance of Noah Beh's commitment and PSU's remaining scholarships.
- Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett's lawsuit against the NCAA was dismissed, and a judge called the argument a "Hail Mary pass." Penn State's trustees are also still working on altering the sanctions.
- We took a look at PSU's priorities in the 2014 recruiting class and the scholarship breakdown in Friday's mailbag.
- The Dowell twins -- Andrew and David -- talked about their visit to PSU , and one said the trip moved the Lions up to his top three.
- Here's a notebook on PSU's first camp of the summer on June 1 and the players who stood out there.
- Adam Rittenberg takes a closer look at Phil Steele's All-America team and notes that PSU WR Allen Robinson made the third team.
The Early Offer: March 5
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35