Week in review: NittanyNation
June, 3, 2013
By Josh Moyer | ESPN.com
NittanyNation takes a look at this past week's Penn State football news and what you might have missed:
- Noah Beh became the Nittany Lions' 10th commit of the 2014 class, and his commitment is an important one for several big reasons . Beh also talked about what he liked about PSU about 36 hours before his comment.
- Montae Nicholson talked about his recruitment in this video and also acknowledged PSU still wants him, despite Marcus Allen's commitment. Nicholson's already up to 32 offers, and in this feature, he thanks track for helping him get this far .
- We talked about the next three commits, recruits' thoughts (or lack thereof) on the recent medical issue and also looked ahead to the upcoming season during Friday's Penn State chat.
- ESPN 150 athlete Dravon Henry talked about his interest in Penn State and where he might head on his official visits.
- 2015 OT Ryan Bates said he was grateful for his recent PSU offer , but the Nittany Lions aren't his favorite school right now.
- The Big Ten is producing fewer top NFL picks than ever before, and Adam Rittenberg took a closer look at the trend.
- 2015 OL Steven Gonzalez talked about where PSU ranks right now and other thoughts on his recruitment in this in-depth Q&A .
- George Mitchell, the independent monitor at PSU, said PSU "has continued to press forward in good faith in fulfilling its obligations ..." when it comes to the sanctions and the recommendations from the Freeh Report.
- In last week's "Tales from the Road," we took a look at prospect performances, the past week's targets and more.
- According to a source, the Big Ten and the Pinstripe Bowl agreed to a six-year partnership and will make a formal announcement later today. Starting in 2014, the B1G will annually play an ACC team.
- So, now that Jabrill Peppers committed to Michigan, what does that mean for other finalists like Penn State? Jared Shanker has the scoop.
- Joe Paterno's family -- along with former players, trustees and others -- filed a lawsuit against the NCAA that sought to overturn the sanctions. Legal analyst Lester Munson wrote that the most recent lawsuit seemed to be missing its mark and questioned why Penn State president Rodney Erickson isn't targeted more.
- 2015 LB Justin Hilliard already holds 20 offers -- including one from PSU -- and Jared Shanker writes that crushing hits are a routine part of the prospect's game.
- 2015 DT James Daniels is used to the recruiting game since his father and brother both went through it all. And, yes, he holds a PSU offer.
ESPN Films Presents: Nixon's National Champs - Nixon vs. Paterno
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
7:11 2nd Qtr North Carolina State 14 UCF 10 Final Illinois 18 Louisiana Tech 35 Final Rutgers 40 North Carolina 21
Final Nevada 3 Louisiana-Lafayette 16 Final Utah State 21 UTEP 6 Final 22 Utah 45 Colorado State 10 Final Western Michigan 24 Air Force 38 Final South Alabama 28 Bowling Green 33
Final Marshall 52 Northern Illinois 23 Final Navy 17 San Diego State 16
Final Central Michigan 48 Western Kentucky 49 Final Fresno State 6 Rice 30
1:00 PM ET Cincinnati Virginia Tech 2:00 PM ET 15 Arizona State Duke 3:30 PM ET Miami (FL) South Carolina 4:30 PM ET Boston College Penn State 8:00 PM ET Nebraska 24 USC
2:00 PM ET Texas A&M West Virginia 5:30 PM ET Oklahoma 17 Clemson 9:00 PM ET Arkansas Texas
3:00 PM ET Notre Dame 23 LSU 6:30 PM ET 13 Georgia 21 Louisville 10:00 PM ET Maryland Stanford
12:30 PM ET 9 Ole Miss 6 TCU 4:00 PM ET 20 Boise State 10 Arizona 8:00 PM ET 7 Mississippi State 12 Georgia Tech
12:00 PM ET 19 Auburn 18 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET 8 Michigan State 5 Baylor 1:00 PM ET 16 Missouri 25 Minnesota 5:00 PM ET 2 Oregon 3 Florida State 8:30 PM ET 1 Alabama 4 Ohio State
12:00 PM ET Houston Pittsburgh 3:20 PM ET Iowa Tennessee 6:45 PM ET 11 Kansas State 14 UCLA 10:15 PM ET Washington Oklahoma State