NittanyNation: Week in review
March, 31, 2013
By Josh Moyer | ESPN.com
NittanyNation takes a look at this week’s Penn State football news and what you might have missed:
- Defensive end Deion Barnes hates missing sacks. He can still recall each of the four he missed last season, and the humble redshirt sophomore is intent on improving upon that this season. His mother, father, high school coach and teammates talk about what makes him tick in this in-depth feature.
- The coach of 2014 PSU commit Mark Allen talks about what makes his player special and how he knew from Allen's Pop Warner days that he'd find success.
- Three-star LB Zayd Issah faces felony charges after police say he tried to pass off counterfeit $20 bills at a McDonald's.
- Who's impressed or surprised the most so far this spring? NittanyNation polled the players to find out.
- PSU signee DaeSean Hamilton talks about taking up yoga and preparing for life at PSU in this week's edition of "5 Questions."
- ESPN Watch List QB Michael O'Connor didn't come away from PSU with a scholarship offer , but he did hear other really good news during his unofficial visit.
- News, notes and observations from parts of Thursday's open practice.
- As part of an ongoing series, NittanyNation takes a closer look at 2014 prospects with PSU offers -- including best highlights, stats, other offers and more. Up this past week: WR De'Andre Thompkins and CB Jabrill Peppers .
- Adam Rittenberg writes that linebacker Mike Hull is set up for a breakout season.
- OL Quenton Nelson is aiming to trim his list after more visits and will see PSU for the Blue-White Game.
- 2015 CB Jordan Whitehead talks about the Nittany Lions and his recruitment in this in-depth Q&A.
- Interest is picking up for linebacker Tyler Burke, but PSU seems to have backed off .
- NCAA president Mark Emmert said on "Mike & Mike" that Penn State's sanctions will likely remain.
- David Njoku, a 6-foot-4 wideout, said his interest in PSU 'skyrocketed' after his unofficial visit.
PSU's 46-Hour Dance Marathon Raises $13 Million
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
TBD Kent State Illinois TBD Southern Illinois Indiana TBD Illinois State Iowa TBD Richmond Maryland TBD BYU Nebraska TBD Norfolk State Rutgers TBD Penn State Temple TBD Stanford Northwestern TBD Wisconsin Alabama