NittanyNation: Week in review
March, 17, 2013
By Josh Moyer | ESPN.com
NittanyNation takes a look at this week’s Penn State football news and what you might have missed:
- Defensive tackle Thomas Holley didn't start playing football until just about a year ago, and he only played in eight games. Now, he's on the ESPN Watch List with 17 offers. How'd he get here? And why'd he take up football in the first place? NittanyNation has the answers in this in-depth feature on Holley.
- Video: Former PSU quarterback Michael Robinson reflected about his career with the Nittany Lions, and also had a message for Seattle coach Pete Carroll.
- Our "Meet the run-ons" series concluded with QB D.J. Crook , RB Brian Tomasetti and ATH Brock Baranowski . You can see the entire seriesright here.
- Bill O'Brien caused quite the stir at the school of LB Zaire Franklin , who talks about the coach and what he likes about Penn State.
- Linebacker Chase Winovich discussed his interest in Penn State and talked about his recruitment in a Q&A.
- Troy Reeder's coach talked about what makes his linebacker special , and he emphasized Reeder's lateral quickness and athleticism.
- ESPN Watch List QB Clayton Thorson talked about his visit to Happy Valley and said he found the staff to be very honest.
- Adam Rittenberg recaps all the coaching changes in the Big Ten.
- Pro day notebook: Stephon Morris impressed with his speed, while Gerald Hodges and Jordan Hill said they hoped to go in the second or third rounds.
- So, what PSU players plan to watch the NFL draft? NittanyNation decided to ask several players, along with giving a rundown of their pro day numbers.
- PSU will be without LB Ben Kline for the spring because of shoulder surgery, and Malik Golden will move to defensive back, writes Adam Rittenberg.
- NittanyNation offered four early predictions for the upcoming season.
- 5 Questions: DT Ricky Walker talks about whether PSU will make his top five , when he'll visit and what he likes the most -- and least -- about the Lions.
- Poll: Which B1G team has the most interesting spring QB race?
- NittanyNation mailbag: We take a look at questions about wide receiver commits, the "what if" of Steven Bench performing well and the position battle to keep an eye on.
- Numerous recruits are wary of the NCAA's deregulation rules, Mitch Sherman writes.
- Gov. Tom Corbett wants the courts to dismiss a lawsuit aimed at overturning a law to keep PSU's $60 million fine money in Pennsylvania.
Penn State 2015 Class Debuts At No. 3
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
TBD California Northwestern TBD Indiana State Indiana TBD Jacksonville State Michigan State TBD Appalachian State Michigan TBD Florida Atlantic Nebraska TBD Youngstown State Illinois TBD Northern Iowa Iowa TBD Ohio State Navy TBD Western Michigan Purdue 8:30 AM ET Penn State UCF 9:00 PM ET LSU Wisconsin