Week in review: NittanyNation
February, 10, 2013
By Josh Moyer | ESPN.com
NittanyNation takes a look at this week’s Penn State football news and what you might have missed:
- No commit faced more temptations to leave PSU than Parker Cothren. But, in the end, Cothren couldn't say no to Happy Valley.
- Penn State filled out its staff with an assistant coach from Marshall in Anthony Midget.
- We asked the commits why they chose PSU and listed their answers. We also asked how they think -- or hope -- their class will be remembered in four years.
- An overview of PSU's class and a look at sleepers, misses and candidates for immediate playing time. Also, we posted an overview of signing day and what transpired.
- WATCH: Bill O'Brien talked about his 2013 recruiting class and how he overcame the sanctions. O'Brien also talked with Adam Rittenberg in a Q&A about the class.
- Bill O'Brien had some interesting things to say about specific commits. He also recalled the difficult summer and how his team got past it.
- We finished off our "Lions spotlight" series looking at every Penn State commit. We closed with Jordan Smith and Neiko Robinson. You can see the rest of the series here.
- Trinity athlete Adam Geiger talked in a Q&A about taking the opportunity to run-on at Penn State. Fellow run-on Brian Tomasetti also checked in with NittanyNation, answering five questions.
- Tyler Ferguson's coach talked about what separates his quarterback from others at his position, when he first knew Ferguson was something special and when he really showcased his ability.
- Big Ten blogger Brian Bennett ranked the quarterbacks in the conference, and PSU made a big leap from where they were ranked in the preseason.
- While most people slept on Friday morning, PSU's football players were eexercising in 31-degree weather and lifting weights.
- We talked about the future of the team, Adam Breneman, 2014 recruits and more in the bi-weekly chat.
- WATCH: Christian Hackenberg appeared on "College Football Live" to talk about his commitment to PSU. Josh Moyer and Tom Luginbill also discussed Hackenberg and PSU's surprising recruiting class on "Outside the Lines."
- Larry Johnson Sr. played a critical role in piecing together this recruiting class.
- With the 2013 class wrapped up, we looked ahead to some 2014 prospects to watch.
- Georgia tailback Nick Chubb received a scholarship offer from Penn State, although he admitted he didn't know much about the Nittany Lions.
- We took 10 of your questions on Twitter and then posed them to Christian Hackenberg.
Challenges Facing Franklin at Penn State
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35