Week in review: NittanyNation
January, 27, 2013
By Josh Moyer | ESPN.com
NittanyNation takes a look at this week’s Penn State football news and what you might have missed:
- DE Jordan Kerner is trying not to look back after suffering a career-ending injury.
- Adam Breneman's high school coach talked about just what makes the tight end special and what PSU fans can look forward to from him.
- Video: The top recruits in the nation -- including Christian Hackenberg -- talked about some of their craziest recruiting pitches.
- In our bi-weekly chat, we talked about Penn State football and recruiting for more than an hour. We also talked Penn State recruiting on the Big Ten podcast.
- Rashaun Smith may just be a high school freshman, but he already has quite a few scholarship offers -- including one from Penn State. He was the subject for this week's "5 Questions."
- As part of an ongoing series, we took a closer look at five Penn State commitments this week -- including Richy Anderson, Curtis Cothran, DaeSean Hamilton, Parker Cothren and Brendan Mahon.
- Adam Rittenberg wrote that the Big Ten's bowl lineup will change next year and could have a dramatically different look.
- Jack Seymour had scholarship offers from Ball State and Western Michigan, but turned those down to become a preferred walk-on at Penn State.
- We took a look back at the Class of 2009 to see just how good it really was. Overall, it fell short of expectations -- but it still wasn't a bust.
- Bill O'Brien was in Beaver County earlier this week and spoke with four juniors in Aliquippa (Pa.). 2014 RB Shai McKenzie, also from western Pennsylvania, received an offer from Penn State.
- We took a look at team needs, key commits and key targets as part of a signing day primer.
- Preferred walk-on Von Walker spoke about his goals and commitment to PSU at length in a Q&A.
Challenges Facing Franklin at Penn State
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35