Week in review: NittanyNation
January, 6, 2013
By Josh Moyer | ESPN.com
NittanyNation takes a look at this week’s Penn State football news and what you might have missed:
- Bill O'Brien is sticking with Penn State after flirting with the NFL. And, now that his demands are met, he needs to be all-in with this football program.
- A look at some of NittanyNation's top articles from 2012.
- Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett filed a lawsuit against the NCAA in hopes to overturn the university's sanctions. Penn State's commits said they were mostly taking a wait-and-see approach, and ESPN legal analyst Lester Munson believed the lawsuit was likely doomed.
- A look at coverage of the lawsuit from across the country -- from analysis to reaction and everything between. Also, some highlights from the 43-page lawsuit.
- Christian Hackenberg impressed at Day 1 of the Under Armour practices. And he also talked about what he was looking forward to out of the game.
- Adam Breneman didn't play in the UA Game due to a torn ACL, but he was still there to support Hackenberg. He talked earlier this week about the game.
- At the Army Bowl practices, Garrett Sickels stood out, while 2014 PSU target Mike Grimm dominated at one-on-ones during the combine.
- In other recruiting news, three-star LB Jonathan Walton scheduled an official visit to South Carolina on Jan. 18. WR Drew Scales is still considering a preferred walk-on offer with PSU, while 2014 LB Korie Rogers says he has an offer from PSU, but it's not one of his favorites. And Malcolm Cook is scheduling official visits, and PSU is no longer in the equation.
- PSU commit and early enrollee Anthony Smith answered five questions, ranging from O'Brien staying to the NCAA lawsuit, and fellow PSU commit Neiko Robinson said he wasn't a big fan of the SEC in an in-depth Q&A.
- We compared the 2013 recruiting class to previous years.
The Early Offer: March 5
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35