Big Ten's lunch links
February, 13, 2014
By Chantel Jennings | ESPN.com
The Big Ten blog is inspired and has decided to begin training for PyeongChang 2018.
- Penn State should hope the Rutgers game is at night because it'd be a huge splash on the recruiting trail.
- Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson's words on former Georgia Tech commit and Iowa DB signee Miles Taylor are inexcusable, writes Pat Harty.
- Former Nebraska kicker Eric Lueshen told a radio station on Wednesday that he came out to his teammates during the 2004-05 season, and that they were accepting of him. Some of the Nebraska assistants, he said, were not.
- MSU defensive tackle signee Craig Evans is glad the recruiting process is over and is just excited to get to East Lansing on June 15.
- The Wisconsin Athletic Board approved the department's budget for just under $100 million for the 2014-15 athletic year.
- Former 2015 Michigan RB commit Damien Harris will visit Ann Arbor for the Michigan-Michigan State basketball game.
- The Minnesota Board of Regents will discuss the TCF Bank Stadium renovations/improvements on Thursday and Friday.
- Catching up on the Maryland recruiting scene and everything that has happened since signing day.
- The Northwestern football union hearings began yesterday, and it provides a conversation starter for former NCAA and NFL football players.
- As Ohio State returns to Ohio Stadium to play its spring games, its ticket prices have risen quite a bit.
- Mike Carmin with notes on Purdue assistant coaches, former assistants, attrition and more.
- Rutgers has hired a Don Bosco Prep alum as a graduate assistant and he will be helping a fellow Don Bosco Prep alum in junior QB Gary Nova.
The Early Offer: March 5
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35