Big Ten lunch links
- Malik McDowell's commitment was perhaps the highlight of the class for Michigan State, but the wait for a signature added even more drama to his recruitment.
- All of Michigan's signees were committed before new offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier was hired last month, but he appears to be having an impact already on next year's class.
- James Franklin emphasized the importance of the Penn State family as the program celebrated its new class with its "Signature Event."
- The Class of 2014 might turn out to be Urban Meyer's finest with Ohio State, but he wasn't thrilled it didn't go down as the best in the country this year.
- Upgrading the speed on the roster was the top priority for Wisconsin, and it appears Gary Andersen accomplished that goal.
- Nebraska signed players from 13 different states, suggesting again that the program is recruiting nationally perhaps more than it ever has before.
- Purdue was looking for natural leaders to fill out its class, and Darrell Hazell signed 18 players who were captains of their high school teams.
- Pat Fitzgerald might not have landed every recruit in his backyard, but he felt Northwestern "dominated Chicagoland again" in the last cycle.
- Jerry Kill puts plenty of stock in the importance of the third recruiting class in building a program, and he picked up some valuable pieces this year for Minnesota.
- Illinois inked five players out of junior colleges, and Tim Beckman acknowledged it was because those players know there is plenty of opportunity to play quickly.
Nebraska Cornhuskers, Ohio State Buckeyes, Penn State Nittany Lions, Wisconsin Badgers, Big Ten Conference, Illinois Fighting Illini, Michigan State Spartans, Michigan Wolverines, Minnesota Golden Gophers, Northwestern Wildcats, Purdue Boilermakers, Tim Beckman, Jerry Kill, Urban Meyer, Pat Fitzgerald, Darrell Hazell, Doug Nussmeier, Gary Andersen, Malik McDowell, James Franklin
NITTANYNATION RECRUITING NEWS
PSU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Jeff Nelson retweeted
- BSD retweeted
- Penn State retweeted
- Penn State Football retweeted
- Jeff Nelson retweeted
- Tony Mancuso retweeted
- Lions247 retweeted
2014 Big Ten STANDINGS
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 4th Qtr Youngstown State 9 Illinois 14 10:44 3rd Qtr Indiana State 3 Indiana 21 12:42 4th Qtr Northern Iowa 23 Iowa 24 11:29 4th Qtr Appalachian State 7 Michigan 49 13:54 4th Qtr 5 Ohio State 20 Navy 17 2:30 3rd Qtr Western Michigan 21 Purdue 37 3:30 PM ET Florida Atlantic 22 Nebraska 3:30 PM ET California Northwestern
3:30 PM ET James Madison Maryland
9:00 PM ET 14 Wisconsin 13 LSU Final Penn State 26 UCF 24
Final Eastern Illinois 20 Minnesota 42 Final Rutgers 41 Washington State 38