Big Ten's lunch links
- The search for a coach at Penn State is overshadowing another important vacancy at the school, one that will have an impact that's more than just on the football field.
- An evening flight back to town for Penn State athletic director Dave Joyner drew a crowd, but it didn't bring a resolution just yet for filling the void left by Bill O'Brien's departure.
- Michigan started a busy day of its own on the coaching front by firing offensive coordinator Al Borges after the Wolverines finished No. 47 in scoring last season.
- Brady Hoke capped the day by snatching away Alabama offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier just a few hours later to quickly move on from Borges.
- Vonn Bell was given the chance to show his stuff in a meaningful game at the Discover Orange Bowl, and it confirmed how bright the Ohio State safety's future is with the program.
- The possible hiring of Bobby Petrino at Louisville is another bullet dodged if Michigan State is going to hang on to defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi, who was once again a prime candidate for an attractive job.
- The fake Bo Pelini speaks.
- The projections of his draft stock aren't all that high, but Indiana receiver Cody Latimer felt he was ready for the next level and isn't looking back on his decision.
- Maryland lost its second assistant since the regular season ended to a head-coaching job after wide receivers coach and ace recruiter Lee Hull left for Morgan State. The Terrapins currently have three vacancies on the staff as they prepare for their first season in the Big Ten.
- Purdue will have a minor behind-the-scenes shakeup after assistant recruiting coordinator Kevin Maurice, credited by coach Darrell Hazell for his work in the transition a year ago, left for a job at North Dakota.
Nebraska Cornhuskers, Ohio State Buckeyes, Penn State Nittany Lions, Michigan State Spartans, Michigan Wolverines, Big Ten, Indiana Hoosiers, Maryland Terrapins, Purdue Boilermakers, Bill O'Brien, Dave Joyner, Brady Hoke, Pat Narduzzi, Cody Latimer, Darrell Hazell, Doug Nussmeier, Bobby Petrino
PSU's 46-Hour Dance Marathon Raises $13 Million
NITTANYNATION RECRUITING NEWS
PSU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Penn State football retweeted
- Allen Robinson retweeted
- Big Ten Conference retweeted
- Tony Mancuso retweeted
- Penn State Athletics retweeted
2014 Big Ten STANDINGS
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
TBD Kent State Illinois TBD Southern Illinois Indiana TBD Illinois State Iowa TBD Richmond Maryland TBD BYU Nebraska TBD Norfolk State Rutgers TBD Penn State Temple TBD Stanford Northwestern TBD Wisconsin Alabama