Big Ten lunchtime links
- Michigan State’s young offensive players, including freshman QB Damion Terry, are showing well in bowl practices. The Spartans’ offense has made great strides. Is Mark Dantonio really a Spartan for life? Meanwhile, rapper Rich Homie Quan might join the Spartans for a little dance in Pasadena.
- In case you didn't notice, Urban Meyer focuses a lot of energy on recruiting. Ohio State is working on leaks in its pass defense. And as we reported on Wednesday, Braxton Miller is thinking about Clemson, not the NFL.
- Nebraska officially begins to reload its defense for 2014. First, an ESPY. Now, Jack Hoffman, the pediatric brain-cancer patient who scored a touchdown in Nebraska’s spring game, is awarded the “Best Emotional Moment” of sports in 2013 by USA Today.
- The Patriot-News wonders if Christian Hackenberg was even better than expected as a true freshman at Penn State.
- The Wisconsin State Journal reviews the fallout, one year later, as a result of Gary Andersen’s hiring.
- A redemptive bowl season for Minnesota quarterback Philip Nelson?
- A young defender’s progress could allow the Michigan defense to get more aggressive. Al Borges says freshman Shane Morris will be ready if QB Devin Gardner can’t play against Kansas State.
- Recognizing Iowa’s most underappreciated contributors. And the bickering via social media intensifies among ex-Hawkeyes.
- Illinois rewards offensive coordinator Bill Cubit with an extension and a raise.
- More All-America honors for cornerback Darqueze Dennard of Michigan State and Wisconsin linebacker Chris Borland, this time from the Football Writers Association of America. And there's four from the Big Ten on the second team.
- Three Big Ten teams crack the top 10 in Forbes’ list of most valuable college football programs.
Nebraska Cornhuskers, Ohio State Buckeyes, Penn State Nittany Lions, Wisconsin Badgers, Big Ten Conference, Illinois Fighting Illini, Iowa Hawkeyes, Michigan State Spartans, Michigan Wolverines, Big Ten, Minnesota Golden Gophers, Christian Hackenberg, Chris Borland, Urban Meyer, Braxton Miller, Mark Dantonio, Penn State Nittany Lions, Shane Morris, Iowa Hawkeyes, Michigan State Spartans, Michigan Wolverines, Minnesota Golden Gophers, Ohio State Buckeyes, Wisconsin Badgers, Philip Nelson, Devin Gardner, Darqueze Dennard, Bill Cubit, Damion Terry, Gary Andersen, Big Ten Conference, Illinois Fighting Illini, Jack Hoffman, Nebraska Cornhuskers, Rich Homie Quan
PSU's 46-Hour Dance Marathon Raises $13 Million
NITTANYNATION RECRUITING NEWS
PSU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Derek Levarse retweeted
2014 Big Ten STANDINGS
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
TBD Kent State Illinois TBD Southern Illinois Indiana TBD Illinois State Iowa TBD Richmond Maryland TBD BYU Nebraska TBD Norfolk State Rutgers TBD Penn State Temple TBD Stanford Northwestern TBD Wisconsin Alabama