Big Ten lunch links
December, 2, 2013
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Is the regular season really over? Flew by. Championship week is here, folks, but first some linkage for you.
- Ohio State is in good shape to play for a crystal football if it can beat Michigan State in Indy.
- Michigan State hasn't played on a stage as big as the Big Ten championship since 1966, Joe Rexrode writes.
- Wisconsin learned a hard lesson Saturday, and it cost the Badgers a potential BCS bowl appearance.
- The statement Nebraska athletic director Shawn Eichorst issued supporting Bo Pelini isn't enough, Steven M. Sipple writes. You can take the statement at face value, but questions remain, Tom Shatel writes.
- Penn State took offense to its major-underdog status at Wisconsin and took out its anger on the Badgers.
- After an improved 2013 season, Iowa will have the spotlight again in 2014, Andrew Logue writes.
- Nick Baumgardner outlines Michigan's identity three years into the Brady Hoke era (scrappy team, but not good enough).
- Despite a down year, the Big Ten boasts plenty of storylines, Herb Gould writes.
- Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald vows that his team "will be back" next fall after ending a disappointing season with a win.
- Illinois' season ends with frustration, Mark Tupper writes.
- Changes are coming to Indiana, but what they are remains a mystery, Pete DiPrimio writes.
- A bowl win is the next goal for Minnesota following an 8-4 regular season.
- Quarterback Danny Etling urges Purdue fans to keep the faith.
Instant Awesome: Franklin's Daughter Dominates
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
7:00 PM ET Eastern Illinois Minnesota 10:00 PM ET Rutgers Washington State
8:30 AM ET Penn State UCF 12:00 PM ET Indiana State Indiana 12:00 PM ET Northern Iowa Iowa 12:00 PM ET Appalachian State Michigan 12:00 PM ET 5 Ohio State Navy 12:00 PM ET Western Michigan Purdue 12:05 PM ET Youngstown State Illinois 3:30 PM ET James Madison Maryland 3:30 PM ET Florida Atlantic 22 Nebraska 3:30 PM ET California Northwestern 9:00 PM ET 14 Wisconsin 13 LSU