Big Ten lunchtime links
November, 13, 2013
By Josh Moyer | ESPN.com
Seriously, NCAA? Just give Jared Ward an extra year ...
- Mark Dantonio is a combined 0-8 against Nebraska as a head coach and assistant, but the Spartans might finally have the talent to knock off the Cornhuskers.
- Huskers tailback Ameer Abdullah is in the running for a few major awards, and Bo Pelini said he "wouldn't trade him for anybody."
- Defense has been Indiana's downfall as it's ranked near the bottom of the nation in major categories, but the Hoosiers believe they're turning it around -- and, if that's true, then the timing couldn't be better.
- Wisconsin tailback Melvin Gordon has been bottled up the past two games, but the Badgers have been finding other ways to generate offense.
- Michigan's defense isn't pointing the finger at a struggling offense. "We're a team, totally," defensive coordinator Greg Mattison said.
- Northwestern tailback Venric Mark will seek a medical redshirt and put his NFL aspirations on hold.
- Ohio State DB Corey "Pitt" Brown is starting to make a name for himself, so that he's no longer just "that other" Corey Brown.
- Illinois held a players-only meeting on Sunday night, and players are trying to maintain a positive attitude.
- Stopping the run remains a big issue for Purdue, as it's allowed opponents to rush for more than 200 yards five times this season.
- Penn State is hoping to put an end to its frustration with a victory against a struggling Boilermakers team.
NITTANYNATION RECRUITING NEWS
PSU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- ESPN BigTen retweeted
- Tony Mancuso retweeted