Big Ten lunchtime links
October, 18, 2013
By Josh Moyer | ESPN.com
Someone needs to do this for the Big Ten.
- Minnesota coach Jerry Kill has returned home from a Michigan epilepsy clinic, but there's still no timetable for his return. He's not expected to travel to the game in Evanston, Ill.
- Iowa's Anthony Hitchens was recruited as a safety and even thought about playing offense early on. But, after gaining 40 pounds over his career, he's found a home an weakside linebacker and is one of the most improved players since last season.
- Braxton Miller acknowledged this week that he hasn't been 100 percent healthy and, against Northwestern, "wasn't fully myself through that whole game." He and head coach Urban Meyer are working on getting him back to full speed.
- Mike Poorman takes a closer look at Bill O'Brien's career and record after 18 games with Penn State.
- Does Illinois, which ranks 97th in run defense, really stand a chance at slowing down Wisconsin? Safety Earnest Thomas knows everybody's counting the Illini out but, "We don't care."
- The "freshman" tag still applies to Wisconsin cornerbacks Sojourn Shelton and Jakarrie Washington. But the two have seen a lot of time on the field, and Shelton said he doesn't feel like a freshman anymore.
- Historically, Indiana hasn't stood much of a chance against Michigan. The Wolverines have won 17 straight over the Hoosiers, including 32 of the last 33.
- Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald has obviously played a huge role in his team's success, but athletic director Jim Phillips has also helped the school find success in football and other sports.
- True freshman quarterback Danny Etling and the Boilermakers know moving the ball won't come easy Saturday against one of the nation's top defenses.
- Mike Griffith takes a closer look at the position-by-position matchups in the Purdue-Michigan State game and, unsurprisingly, the Spartans have the edge at nearly every spot.
NITTANYNATION RECRUITING NEWS
PSU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Ben Jones retweeted
- BSD retweeted
- Derek Levarse retweeted
- Lions247 retweeted
- Jeff Nelson retweeted
- Ryan Snyder retweeted
- Derek Levarse retweeted
2014 Big Ten STANDINGS
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Western Kentucky Illinois 12:00 PM ET McNeese State 19 Nebraska 12:00 PM ET Akron Penn State 12:00 PM ET Central Michigan Purdue 12:00 PM ET Howard Rutgers 12:00 PM ET Western Illinois 18 Wisconsin 3:30 PM ET Northern Illinois Northwestern 3:30 PM ET Middle Tennessee Minnesota 3:30 PM ET Ball State Iowa 3:30 PM ET Maryland South Florida 6:30 PM ET 7 Michigan State 3 Oregon 7:30 PM ET Michigan 16 Notre Dame 8:00 PM ET Virginia Tech 8 Ohio State