Today marks Fight Procrastination Day, but I'm busy ... so I'll probably celebrate tomorrow.
- Josh Slagter takes a look back at past Michigan quarterbacks' first starts against Notre Dame, and it's been kind of a mixed bag. And, true rivalry game or not, this contest is full of emotion for the Wolverines.
- Call him a perfectionist, but Wisconsin tailback Melvin Gordon is never finished studying his craft. Several true freshmen could play for the Badgers this season, including fullback Austin Ramesh, who should play Saturday.
- Safety Christian Bryant was the only returning defensive starter on the field for a good portion last week, and he's won over Ohio State's staff with his leadership and maturity. Ohio State appears ready to make a "second-game leap" against San Diego State.
- Penn State DT DaQuan Jones made a big splash in Week 1, but he's focused on Eastern Michigan. With the injuries to the tight ends, fullback Pat Zerbe might also hear his number called more Saturday.
- Thursday was Nebraska's best practice of the week, and Bo Pelini is looking forward to putting it to the test Saturday. Zach Tegler writes that Cornhuskers fans should stop leaving the stadium early.
- Michigan State is remaining mum on who will be its starting quarterback this week and believes the evaluation process needs to continue. OL Blake Treadwell is looking to build off his impressive performance. Said one teammate: "Blake's a monster."
- Iowa's defense gave up eight plays of 15 or more yards last week, and stopping the big play will remain a tall task for the secondary. After a "demoralizing" loss to Northern Illinois, Iowa is hoping to restart its season against an FCS opponent.
- Mike Carmin breaks down the Purdue-Indiana State matchups and, unsurprisingly, the Boilermakers have the advantage ... well ... everywhere. Head coach Darrell Hazell is working on changing the mindset of his players.
- A roundtable of Illinois experts discusses the most important player in this weekend's matchup against Cincinnati, and Donovonn Young is a popular choice. Eliot Sill writes that the Illini are hoping to avoid a Purdue-like fate against the Bearcats.
- Expect another high-scoring Indiana victory and a change in fortunes from last year's Navy game, The Crimson Quarry writes. The Midshipmen are adding more of a spread to their triple-option offense (subscription required).
- Former Minnesota athletic director -- and current New Mexico State AD -- McKinley Boston believes his team can upset the Golden Gophers. There's quite a few players on this week's injury report, and tailback Donnell Kirkwood is questionable.
Challenges Facing Franklin at Penn State
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35