Big Ten lunchtime links
August, 27, 2013
By Chantel Jennings | ESPN.com
It's not as though there is a ton of marquee games for Big Ten teams this weekend. But, it's football. Real. Live. Football.
- Ohio State is ready to make it count after a long fall camp, writes Bill Rabinowitz. Historian Jack Park looks back at past streaks for OSU football. The Buckeyes' 2015 class picked up its first commitment, and his nickname is Superman.
- Michigan's success will be measured by its offensive line. Detroit Free Press writer Mark Snyder gives his game-by-game predictions. Photos from the Wolverines' first Monday news conference of the season. Michigan and Michigan State are both hoping to reach new heights this season, from Bob Wojnowski.
- Pat Fitzgerald doesn't want last season to be an anomaly for NU football. Podcast with the Chicago Tribune's Teddy Greenstein on the Cal-Northwestern game. Lynn "Pappy" Waldorf was a coaching legend at both Northwestern and Cal.
- Nebraska's defense gave up 214 points in its four losses last season. Bo Pelini isn't a stats guy, but he knows the turnover margin is one important number. Taylor Martinez has a scary skill set for opponents, writes Jon Nyatawa.
- Gary Andersen released a Wisconsin depth chart, but expect plenty of changes. And the coach is making no extra fuss over the starting QB. What to expect out of the Badger defense in week one.
- Mark Dantonio is pleased with how selfish each of his quarterbacks has been through fall camp. The Spartans' slogan "Chase It" could define this team, writes Joe Rexrode.
- Looking at Penn State's first opponent, Syracuse. Bill O'Brien awarded scholarships to five walk ons. The minor league baseball team in State College is giving away Bill O'Brien bobbleheads on Wednesday night.
- Ra'Shede Hageman has made major strides and is ready to contribute in his final season. The Daily Gophers' staff makes season predictions.
- Indiana making renovations to its stadium that it hopes increase the gameday experiences. Three days from the opener and IU still doesn't have a starting QB.
- A quick take on the Purdue depth chart against Cincinnati. The Purdue-Cincinnati game is a sellout according to Cincy's athletic department. So if you're missing that but really want to see Purdue football this season, you can buy $2 tickets to the Purdue Iowa game. Linebacker Will Lucas hopes to continue the growth he has displayed at Purdue.
- Korean kindergarteners are taught the Iowa fight song and it's pretty darn cute.
- Both Illinois coordinators will coach from the sidelines this season. An Illinois football roundtable from Writing Illini. Video of Beckman's news conference from Tuesday.
College Football Top Plays Week 4
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Eastern Michigan 14 11 Michigan State 73 Final Western Illinois 7 Northwestern 24 Final Southern Illinois 13 Purdue 35 Final Bowling Green 17 19 Wisconsin 68 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20 Final Utah 26 Michigan 10 Final Rutgers 31 Navy 24 Final Massachusetts 7 Penn State 48 Final San Jose State 7 Minnesota 24 Final Texas State 35 Illinois 42 Final Indiana 31 18 Missouri 27 Final Miami (FL) 31 24 Nebraska 41