Ohio State Buckeyes: Reese Morgan
- Michigan State's Mark Dantonio wants to see next week's spring game attendance reach at least 50,000, more than double last season's crowd.
- Longtime Penn State linebackers coach Ron Vanderlinden feels fortunate to land at Air Force and called his departure from PSU "just a difference of opinion, two different people."
- Urban Meyer recently acknowledged that he knew, once safety Christian Bryant went down with an injury last year, that "there was a chance that we wouldn't be able to go play for a national title."
- Athlon Sports ranks all of the Big Ten's projected starting quarterbacks, from Ohio State's Braxton Miller to Rutgers' Gary Nova.
- Film study wasn't always the favorite activity of Nebraska DB Charles Jackson, but now he considers it a "way of life."
- Hiring defensive line coach Reese Morgan was one of Kirk Ferentz's best decisions, writes Iowa City Press-Citizen's Pat Harty.
- Two of Rutgers' early enrollees, OT Marcus Applefield and CB Kam Lott, are off to a fast start.
- Michigan's AD addressed the silence on the Brendan Gibbons case and more during a sports business panel.
- Maryland and the ACC are in the midst of an "ugly divorce," when it comes to parting ways in favor of the Big Ten.
- The Dowell twins were born minutes apart and, recently, the 2015 recruits both committed to Northwestern just minutes apart.
Assistant coaches are like nose tackles. They don't get nearly enough credit despite playing vital roles.
Today, we'll change it up and give some recognition to Big Ten assistant coaches who did exemplary jobs with their position groups or, in some cases, units in 2012. Each of these coaches fostered improvement this season. Some took units in bad shape and made them better. Others took units in decent shape and made them very good. Some entered the season with skeptics and quieted them.
We came up with 13 assistants who deserve recognition. Yes, we realize we're leaving out some quality folks, but we had to cap it somewhere and wanted to spread the love around to the different teams.
Michigan State Spartans, Michigan Wolverines, Wisconsin Badgers, Indiana Hoosiers, Penn State Nittany Lions, Iowa Hawkeyes, Big Ten Conference, Minnesota Golden Gophers, Nebraska Cornhuskers, Northwestern Wildcats, Purdue Boilermakers, Carlos Hyde, Braxton Miller, Bill O'Brien, Brady Hoke, Bret Bielema, Kevin Wilson, Kirk Ferentz, Danny Hope, Taylor Martinez, Kenny Bell, Max Bullough, Greg Mattison, Blake Countess, Jordan Kovacs, Tre Roberson, Rex Burkhead, Seth Littrell, Ameer Abdullah, Pat Narduzzi, Venric Mark, Mike Markuson, Cameron Coffman, Nate Sudfeld, D.L. Wilhite, Kyle Carter, Adam Cushing, Bart Miller, Curt Mallory, Dave Doeren, Dolapo Macarthy, Jesse James, Joe Gaglione, John Strollo, Kevin Johns, Louis Trinca-Pasat, Matt Lehman, Patrick Higgins, Reese Morgan, Rich Fisher, Tracy Claeys
Weirdest Recruiting Violations
BUCKEYENATION RECRUITING NEWS
OSU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Big Ten Conference retweeted
- Chris Spielman retweeted
- Big Ten Conference retweeted
2014 Big Ten STANDINGS
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
TBD Kent State Illinois TBD Southern Illinois Indiana TBD Illinois State Iowa TBD Richmond Maryland TBD BYU Nebraska TBD Norfolk State Rutgers TBD Penn State Temple TBD Stanford Northwestern TBD Wisconsin Alabama