Ohio State Buckeyes: Joe Ganz
Fourteen Big Ten programs combined to produce four first-round NFL draft picks. Louisville, Northern Illinois and Buffalo together had five. Eleven of 32 came from the SEC. Discuss.
- A big night at the NFL draft for Michigan's Taylor Lewan, who landed with the Titans at No. 11 to lead off a better opening day for the league.
- Ohio State's defensive duo, Ryan Shazier at No. 15 to the Steelers and Bradley Roby at No. 31, went to the Broncos.
- And Michigan State's Darqueze Dennard found a home with the Bengals at No. 24.
- Michigan’s other offensive tackle, Michael Schofield, has used a family struggle as his motivation to prepare for this draft.
- Former Indiana receiver Cody Latimer went to New York to hear his name called at the draft. He’s still waiting.
- Also waiting, defensive tackle Ra'Shede Hagemen of Minnesota, which hasn’t had a player drafted since Eric Decker in 2010. And the wait is almost over, too, for Wisconsin’s Chris Borland.
- Tracking the Maryland prospects for the second through seventh rounds.
- Meanwhile, Purdue’s 15-year streak of landing at least one player in the draft is in jeopardy.
- Former Ohio State coach Jim Tressel lands the presidency at Youngstown State after he was bypassedat the University of Akron.
- What to do this offseason? Shane Morris can play catch ... with himself.
- Michigan State appears interested in the younger brother of tight end Dylan Chmura.
- James Franklin and the Penn State coaches continue their 17-stop caravan in Pittsburgh. Can the grayshirting of recruits help PSU overcome its scholarship limitations.
- Former Rutgers quarterback Tom Savage earns the endorsement of ex-coach Greg Schiano.
- Former Nebraska quarterback Joe Ganz will remain on staff in 2014 as a graduate assistant. An appeal is deniedfor the summer jail sentence in Colorado for offensive tackle Alex Lewis is denied.
- Minnesota loses a backup defensive lineman to North Dakota.
- Kirk Ferentz marches to the beat of his own drum in recruiting, but even he occasionally extends a scholarship offer to a high school freshman.
Game week is rapidly approaching ...
- Everything you need to know about Michigan State's four-man QB race. Spartans RB Riley Bullough tries to catch up after missing part of camp with an upper-body injury. There would be lasting consequences if MSU plays freshman QB Damion Terry, Graham Couch writes.
- Michigan RB Fitzgerald Toussaint looks like his old self in preseason camp. Wolverines LB Jake Ryan continues his speedy recovery from an ACL tear this spring. Paul Myerberg has Michigan at No. 18 in his preseason countdown.
- Penn State coach Bill O'Brien will make his QB decision by week's end. Reaction by Jay Paterno and Dave Joyner to the "Fourth and Long" book. Penn State's lawyer expects 25 of 31 civil claims against the school to settle by the end of the week.
- Ohio State guard Marcus Hall has made atypical improvement in the offseason. Backup QB Kenny Guiton is the Buckeyes' perfect insurance policy, Rob Oller writes. Ohio State CB Doran Grant quietly prepares for a starting role. Some Buckeyes practice notes.
- Wisconsin's quarterbacks capitalized on a shorthanded defense during Monday's scrimmage. No one really misses Bret Bielema in Madison, Dan Wolken writes. Badgers freshman LB Leon Jacobs has been too impressive to redshirt. Coach Gary Andersen's openness with the media and public is a welcome change, Andy Baggot writes.
- Stewart Mandel previews the Big Ten, predicting an Ohio State-Michigan rematch in Indy.
- Former Nebraska QB Joe Ganz embraces his role as a graduate assistant. Tom Dienhart likes the look of the Huskers' young defensive front.
- Indiana's much-maligned defense looks tougher and more physical (subscription required). Previewing the Hoosiers in 2013.
- A good wrap-up of Illinois' session at Camp Rantoul. Illinois freshman QB Aaron Bailey will play in some capacity this season. Illini DE Tim Kynard emerges as a leader for the defensive line.
- Purdue's offense receives a passing grade from coordinator John Shoop. Injuries are starting to add up for the Boilers after their latest scrimmage.
- BTN.com's Brent Yarina reveals his preseason All-Big Ten defensive team.
- Former walk-on LB Aaron Hill has emerged as a leader for Minnesota's defense.
- Breaking down Northwestern's improved special-teams play in 2012. Wildcats coach Pat Fitzgerald was mic'd up during last week's scrimmage.
- A closer look at Iowa's wide receivers this season. Iowa RB Michael Malloy tries to get his career back on track.
Official Visit: Imminent ESPN 300 Decisions
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Iowa Pittsburgh 12:00 PM ET Eastern Michigan 11 Michigan State 12:00 PM ET Western Illinois Northwestern 12:00 PM ET Southern Illinois Purdue 12:00 PM ET Bowling Green 19 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET Maryland Syracuse 3:30 PM ET Utah Michigan 3:30 PM ET Rutgers Navy 4:00 PM ET Massachusetts Penn State 4:00 PM ET San Jose State Minnesota 4:00 PM ET Texas State Illinois 4:00 PM ET Indiana 18 Missouri 8:00 PM ET Miami (FL) 24 Nebraska