Ohio State Buckeyes: Jay Paterno
Looking for a stylish addition to your home? Consider this.
- A new home in the Ohio State football strength program helps a former ex-Buckeye wrestler overcome a devastating loss. Athlon Sports places the Buckeyes at No. 3 in its preseason rankings.
- Former Penn State linebacker Shane Conlan and ex-Purdue defensive tackle Dave Butz are elected to the College Football Hall of Fame. No luck this year for a trio of former Michigan hopefuls, a pair from Illinois, Eric Crouch or Trev Alberts of Nebraska and Jim Tressel.
- Penn State will practice on Sundays next fall.
- Jay Paterno criticizes today’s media culture in a speech at a Pennsylvania high school.
- Oregon QB Jake Rodrigues is looking at Michigan, among other potential landing spots.
- Incoming freshman running back Rob Martin of Rutgers has a fan in Lesean McCoy.
- Purdue president Mitch Daniels supports the Pac-12 ideas on NCAA reform.
- A top prospect in Michigan is training this offseason with ex-Purdue safety Stu Schweigert.
- A look at key offensive targets for MSU.
- Jerry Kill says the Gophers won’t beg recruits to attend Minnesota.
Game week is rapidly approaching ...
- Everything you need to know about Michigan State's four-man QB race. Spartans RB Riley Bullough tries to catch up after missing part of camp with an upper-body injury. There would be lasting consequences if MSU plays freshman QB Damion Terry, Graham Couch writes.
- Michigan RB Fitzgerald Toussaint looks like his old self in preseason camp. Wolverines LB Jake Ryan continues his speedy recovery from an ACL tear this spring. Paul Myerberg has Michigan at No. 18 in his preseason countdown.
- Penn State coach Bill O'Brien will make his QB decision by week's end. Reaction by Jay Paterno and Dave Joyner to the "Fourth and Long" book. Penn State's lawyer expects 25 of 31 civil claims against the school to settle by the end of the week.
- Ohio State guard Marcus Hall has made atypical improvement in the offseason. Backup QB Kenny Guiton is the Buckeyes' perfect insurance policy, Rob Oller writes. Ohio State CB Doran Grant quietly prepares for a starting role. Some Buckeyes practice notes.
- Wisconsin's quarterbacks capitalized on a shorthanded defense during Monday's scrimmage. No one really misses Bret Bielema in Madison, Dan Wolken writes. Badgers freshman LB Leon Jacobs has been too impressive to redshirt. Coach Gary Andersen's openness with the media and public is a welcome change, Andy Baggot writes.
- Stewart Mandel previews the Big Ten, predicting an Ohio State-Michigan rematch in Indy.
- Former Nebraska QB Joe Ganz embraces his role as a graduate assistant. Tom Dienhart likes the look of the Huskers' young defensive front.
- Indiana's much-maligned defense looks tougher and more physical (subscription required). Previewing the Hoosiers in 2013.
- A good wrap-up of Illinois' session at Camp Rantoul. Illinois freshman QB Aaron Bailey will play in some capacity this season. Illini DE Tim Kynard emerges as a leader for the defensive line.
- Purdue's offense receives a passing grade from coordinator John Shoop. Injuries are starting to add up for the Boilers after their latest scrimmage.
- BTN.com's Brent Yarina reveals his preseason All-Big Ten defensive team.
- Former walk-on LB Aaron Hill has emerged as a leader for Minnesota's defense.
- Breaking down Northwestern's improved special-teams play in 2012. Wildcats coach Pat Fitzgerald was mic'd up during last week's scrimmage.
- A closer look at Iowa's wide receivers this season. Iowa RB Michael Malloy tries to get his career back on track.
Kirk Herbstreit's Gameplan Breakdown
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Illinois Northwestern 12:00 PM ET Purdue Indiana 12:00 PM ET Michigan 6 Ohio State 3:30 PM ET 10 Michigan State Penn State 3:30 PM ET 18 Minnesota 14 Wisconsin 3:30 PM ET Rutgers Maryland