Across The Field: Springing forward
March, 3, 2013
By Scott Kendrick | ESPN.com
This is Across The Field, a regular feature on BuckeyeNation where we point you to noteworthy Buckeyes coverage here and elsewhere. Think something should be included? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. First, as always, our week in review:
BuckeyeNation Week in Review
- Austin Ward concluded his series looking at each position on the depth chart heading into the spring.
- Brad Bournival and the WolverineNation crew compared the Buckeyes and Wolverines' 2013 recruiting classes over the last two weeks and picked a winner at each spot.
- Bournival assessed the 2014 OSU prospects at defensive tackle, linebacker and defensive back.
- In Bournival's mailbag, he answers the question of whether Ohio State will offer another quarterback soon.
- North Carolina RB Elijah Hood has three Midwest powers in his top three.
- Running back is also a position of need in 2014.
- An offer could be a game-changer for an Illinois tight end.
- And an ESPN Watch List defensive tackle from Florida got an offer.
- The Buckeyes are getting some competition from the SEC at a pipeline school.
- Tight end prospect Jeb Blazevich, who is considering Ohio State, bulked up to become an elite prospect.
- If the Big Ten is going to bounce back in 2013, spring is a key time, writes Brian Bennett.
- Braxton Miller was the Big Ten's top player in 2012, writes Adam Rittenberg.
- Miller worked one on one with a QB guru. (Dispatch)
- He's on the Sports Illustrated cover this week, too. (Eleven Warriors)
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is a big part of the regimen of safety signee Jayme Thompson. (Toledo Blade)
- Five questions for the Buckeyes entering spring practice. (Plain Dealer)
- Johnathan Hankins had some second thoughts about leaving school. (Dispatch)
- John Simon had shoulder surgery a few weeks ago. (Dispatch)
- Former OSU offensive coordinator Jim Bollman will run the offense at Michigan State. (Plain Dealer)
- Jake Stoneburner believes his game is suited for the NFL. (Dispatch)
- Reid Fragel had a solid combine and is moving up the draft boards. (NFL.com)
- Eleven Warriors takes an inside look at the Buckeyes' base running game.
- Urban Meyer talked candidly about the depth chart on the Buckeye Cruise for Cancer last week. (The-Ozone.net)
- The Buckeyes pulled away from Northwestern and moved back into the top four in the Big Ten standings.
- Aaron Craft's scoring was the difference against Michigan State, Ward writes.
- Freshman fan favorite Amadeo Della Valle is getting a few minutes here and there. (Plain Dealer)
The Gang's All Here
Braxton Miller, Ohio State Begin Spring Drills
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35