Across The Field: Springing forward
March, 3, 2013
By Scott Kendrick | ESPN.com
This is Across The Field, a regular feature on BuckeyeNation where we point you to noteworthy Buckeyes coverage here and elsewhere. Think something should be included? Send it to email@example.com. First, as always, our week in review:
BuckeyeNation Week in Review
- Austin Ward concluded his series looking at each position on the depth chart heading into the spring.
- Brad Bournival and the WolverineNation crew compared the Buckeyes and Wolverines' 2013 recruiting classes over the last two weeks and picked a winner at each spot.
- Bournival assessed the 2014 OSU prospects at defensive tackle, linebacker and defensive back.
- In Bournival's mailbag, he answers the question of whether Ohio State will offer another quarterback soon.
- North Carolina RB Elijah Hood has three Midwest powers in his top three.
- Running back is also a position of need in 2014.
- An offer could be a game-changer for an Illinois tight end.
- And an ESPN Watch List defensive tackle from Florida got an offer.
- The Buckeyes are getting some competition from the SEC at a pipeline school.
- Tight end prospect Jeb Blazevich, who is considering Ohio State, bulked up to become an elite prospect.
- If the Big Ten is going to bounce back in 2013, spring is a key time, writes Brian Bennett.
- Braxton Miller was the Big Ten's top player in 2012, writes Adam Rittenberg.
- Miller worked one on one with a QB guru. (Dispatch)
- He's on the Sports Illustrated cover this week, too. (Eleven Warriors)
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is a big part of the regimen of safety signee Jayme Thompson. (Toledo Blade)
- Five questions for the Buckeyes entering spring practice. (Plain Dealer)
- Johnathan Hankins had some second thoughts about leaving school. (Dispatch)
- John Simon had shoulder surgery a few weeks ago. (Dispatch)
- Former OSU offensive coordinator Jim Bollman will run the offense at Michigan State. (Plain Dealer)
- Jake Stoneburner believes his game is suited for the NFL. (Dispatch)
- Reid Fragel had a solid combine and is moving up the draft boards. (NFL.com)
- Eleven Warriors takes an inside look at the Buckeyes' base running game.
- Urban Meyer talked candidly about the depth chart on the Buckeye Cruise for Cancer last week. (The-Ozone.net)
- The Buckeyes pulled away from Northwestern and moved back into the top four in the Big Ten standings.
- Aaron Craft's scoring was the difference against Michigan State, Ward writes.
- Freshman fan favorite Amadeo Della Valle is getting a few minutes here and there. (Plain Dealer)
The Gang's All Here
Easiest Path To The 2015 College Football Playoff
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
TBD Kent State Illinois TBD Southern Illinois Indiana TBD Illinois State Iowa TBD Richmond Maryland TBD BYU Nebraska TBD Norfolk State Rutgers TBD Penn State Temple TBD Stanford Northwestern TBD Wisconsin Alabama