Across The Field: Springing forward
March, 3, 2013
By Scott Kendrick | ESPN.com
This is Across The Field, a regular feature on BuckeyeNation where we point you to noteworthy Buckeyes coverage here and elsewhere. Think something should be included? Send it to email@example.com. First, as always, our week in review:
BuckeyeNation Week in Review
- Austin Ward concluded his series looking at each position on the depth chart heading into the spring.
- Brad Bournival and the WolverineNation crew compared the Buckeyes and Wolverines' 2013 recruiting classes over the last two weeks and picked a winner at each spot.
- Bournival assessed the 2014 OSU prospects at defensive tackle, linebacker and defensive back.
- In Bournival's mailbag, he answers the question of whether Ohio State will offer another quarterback soon.
- North Carolina RB Elijah Hood has three Midwest powers in his top three.
- Running back is also a position of need in 2014.
- An offer could be a game-changer for an Illinois tight end.
- And an ESPN Watch List defensive tackle from Florida got an offer.
- The Buckeyes are getting some competition from the SEC at a pipeline school.
- Tight end prospect Jeb Blazevich, who is considering Ohio State, bulked up to become an elite prospect.
- If the Big Ten is going to bounce back in 2013, spring is a key time, writes Brian Bennett.
- Braxton Miller was the Big Ten's top player in 2012, writes Adam Rittenberg.
- Miller worked one on one with a QB guru. (Dispatch)
- He's on the Sports Illustrated cover this week, too. (Eleven Warriors)
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is a big part of the regimen of safety signee Jayme Thompson. (Toledo Blade)
- Five questions for the Buckeyes entering spring practice. (Plain Dealer)
- Johnathan Hankins had some second thoughts about leaving school. (Dispatch)
- John Simon had shoulder surgery a few weeks ago. (Dispatch)
- Former OSU offensive coordinator Jim Bollman will run the offense at Michigan State. (Plain Dealer)
- Jake Stoneburner believes his game is suited for the NFL. (Dispatch)
- Reid Fragel had a solid combine and is moving up the draft boards. (NFL.com)
- Eleven Warriors takes an inside look at the Buckeyes' base running game.
- Urban Meyer talked candidly about the depth chart on the Buckeye Cruise for Cancer last week. (The-Ozone.net)
- The Buckeyes pulled away from Northwestern and moved back into the top four in the Big Ten standings.
- Aaron Craft's scoring was the difference against Michigan State, Ward writes.
- Freshman fan favorite Amadeo Della Valle is getting a few minutes here and there. (Plain Dealer)
The Gang's All Here
College Football Player Rankings: 21-40
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
7:00 PM ET Eastern Illinois Minnesota 10:00 PM ET Rutgers Washington State
8:30 AM ET Penn State UCF 12:00 PM ET Youngstown State Illinois 12:00 PM ET Indiana State Indiana 12:00 PM ET Northern Iowa Iowa 12:00 PM ET Appalachian State Michigan 12:00 PM ET Ohio State Navy 12:00 PM ET Western Michigan Purdue 3:30 PM ET James Madison Maryland 3:30 PM ET Florida Atlantic Nebraska 3:30 PM ET California Northwestern 9:00 PM ET Wisconsin LSU