- Brad Bournival, RecruitingNation
When David Dawson (Detroit/Cass Tech) gave his decommitment to Michigan over the weekend, schools waited for an update on his recruiting plans and the offensive guard gave one in quick fashion.
He now has a top four of Alabama, Florida, LSU and Ohio State. With that in mind, BuckeyeNation looked at the four universities and has come up with the order it thinks the 6-foot-4, 282-pound Dawson might lean toward.
The ESPN 150 senior -- he’s ranked 87th overall -- has said he’s planning on taking official visits and will let the process play out before making a final choice.
4. LSU: It’s not that much of a surprise to see the Tigers in the mix, as 75 percent of Dawson’s list is made up of SEC schools. LSU can lean back on its storied success to try and woo the senior.
3. Ohio State: Dawson was enamored with the Buckeyes’ offer back in July and sees an opportunity to play sooner rather than later. It’s rather interesting to hear he’s aiming to make an appearance at the Ohio State-Michigan game.
2. Alabama: He’s indicated that he’d like to see the Crimson Tide play at LSU, meaning he could see Alabama twice. There’s absolutely no doubt in the world a winning tradition could play a key role in Dawson’s recruitment, and how could anyone argue another national championship should the Crimson Tide nab one this season?
1. Florida: Dawson has flirted with the Gators for awhile and came out swinging after his decommitment, making this weekend’s Florida-South Carolina game his first official visit.
4dBrian Bennett and Josh Moyer