Big Ten lunch links
- Minnesota's solid season has already raised the bar for 2014. Gophers defensive back Brock Vereen wants to join his older brother in the NFL.
- Michigan State coach Mark Dantonio is very content after winning his first Big Ten title, Joe Rexrode writes.
- Iowa adds a one-time Rutgers quarterback recruit to its 2014 class.
- Michigan wide receiver Jeremy Gallon overcame plenty of obstacles to become a star, Mark Snyder writes. Wolverines tackle Taylor Lewan has no regrets about playing this season.
- Ohio State tackle Jack Mewhort provides Todd Jones with a week-by-week look at the physical grind offensive linemen go through in a season.
- Nebraska quarterback Tommy Armstrong Jr. can make a statement about next season with a strong bowl performance. Steven M. Sipple still urges patience with Huskers coach Bo Pelini.
- Wisconsin running back Melvin Gordon didn't even need a draft assessment from the NFL to decide he should return for his junior year.
- Illinois coach Tim Beckman strongly supports his defensive coordinator.
- Penn State coach Bill O'Brien is in the market for three new staff members.
- The 2015 season will mark the first time Notre Dame doesn't face a Big Ten opponent in more than a century.
Ohio State Buckeyes, Illinois Fighting Illini, Michigan State Spartans, Michigan Wolverines, Wisconsin Badgers, Penn State Nittany Lions, Iowa Hawkeyes, Big Ten Conference, Minnesota Golden Gophers, Nebraska Cornhuskers, Bill O'Brien, Mark Dantonio, Jeremy Gallon, Jack Mewhort, Melvin Gordon, Brock Vereen
BUCKEYENATION RECRUITING NEWS
OSU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Chris Spielman retweeted
- ESPN BigTen retweeted
- Ohio State News retweeted
2014 Big Ten STANDINGS
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Iowa 24 Pittsburgh 20 Final Eastern Michigan 14 11 Michigan State 73 Final Western Illinois 7 Northwestern 24 Final Southern Illinois 13 Purdue 35 Final Bowling Green 17 19 Wisconsin 68 Final Maryland 34 Syracuse 20 Final Utah 26 Michigan 10 Final Rutgers 31 Navy 24 Final Massachusetts 7 Penn State 48 Final San Jose State 7 Minnesota 24 Final Texas State 35 Illinois 42 Final Indiana 31 18 Missouri 27 Final Miami (FL) 31 24 Nebraska 41