Big Ten lunchtime links
November, 29, 2013
By Josh Moyer | ESPN.com
Take your leftover turkey home, throw it in a pot, add some broth, a potato. Baby, you've got a stew going.
- Michigan upset a heavily favored Ohio State team twice in the past, Detroit Free Press' Mark Snyder writes, and another landmark victory here could define the future.
- The Buckeyes are setting offensive records left and right, but the young defense is also within range of the single-season sacks record -- and it hopes to get a few more against a struggling Michigan offensive line.
- Saturday's Ohio State-Michigan matchup will be played 50 years to the day when the rivalry suddenly felt small, back when The Game was played following John F. Kennedy's assassination. The Toledo Blade's David Briggs takes a closer look at the emotions surrounding that game.
- This isn't the season that Michigan State senior Andrew Maxwell envisioned, but he's quietly endured and gained the respect of his teammates.
- Mark Dantonio patiently built his program over seven years on defense, and Minnesota coach Jerry Kill is hoping to emulate that.
- Neither Northwestern, Michigan nor Penn State can match Iowa's rushing attack, the Des Moines Register's Andrew Logue writes, and that's why the Hawkeyes will upset the Huskers.
- Nebraska has won at least nine games in each of the last five seasons -- something only Alabama, Boise State and Oregon have done -- and Bo Pelini is staking claim to win No. 9 on Saturday.
- Wisconsin's pre-snap movement has given fits to opposing offensive lines, even if the Badgers were a bit reluctant at first to embrace the new style.
- Temperatures should hover around the mid-30s for Penn State, which -- for some reason -- makes for perfect short-sleeve weather for many of the Nittany Lions.
- Illinois defensive coordinator Tim Banks has dealt with plenty of question marks this season, but the man who watched as his triplets didn't survive premature births knows what real losses are.
Braxton Miller, Ohio State Begin Spring Drills
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35