Big Ten lunchtime links
November, 29, 2013
By Josh Moyer | ESPN.com
Take your leftover turkey home, throw it in a pot, add some broth, a potato. Baby, you've got a stew going.
- Michigan upset a heavily favored Ohio State team twice in the past, Detroit Free Press' Mark Snyder writes, and another landmark victory here could define the future.
- The Buckeyes are setting offensive records left and right, but the young defense is also within range of the single-season sacks record -- and it hopes to get a few more against a struggling Michigan offensive line.
- Saturday's Ohio State-Michigan matchup will be played 50 years to the day when the rivalry suddenly felt small, back when The Game was played following John F. Kennedy's assassination. The Toledo Blade's David Briggs takes a closer look at the emotions surrounding that game.
- This isn't the season that Michigan State senior Andrew Maxwell envisioned, but he's quietly endured and gained the respect of his teammates.
- Mark Dantonio patiently built his program over seven years on defense, and Minnesota coach Jerry Kill is hoping to emulate that.
- Neither Northwestern, Michigan nor Penn State can match Iowa's rushing attack, the Des Moines Register's Andrew Logue writes, and that's why the Hawkeyes will upset the Huskers.
- Nebraska has won at least nine games in each of the last five seasons -- something only Alabama, Boise State and Oregon have done -- and Bo Pelini is staking claim to win No. 9 on Saturday.
- Wisconsin's pre-snap movement has given fits to opposing offensive lines, even if the Badgers were a bit reluctant at first to embrace the new style.
- Temperatures should hover around the mid-30s for Penn State, which -- for some reason -- makes for perfect short-sleeve weather for many of the Nittany Lions.
- Illinois defensive coordinator Tim Banks has dealt with plenty of question marks this season, but the man who watched as his triplets didn't survive premature births knows what real losses are.
BUCKEYENATION RECRUITING NEWS
OSU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Nike Youth Ohio State Buckeyes #5 Scarlet Football Game Jersey
- Buckeye Nation retweeted
- JoeSports retweeted
- Everett Withers retweeted
2014 Big Ten STANDINGS
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
TBD Kent State Illinois TBD Southern Illinois Indiana TBD Illinois State Iowa TBD Richmond Maryland TBD BYU Nebraska TBD Norfolk State Rutgers TBD Penn State Temple TBD Stanford Northwestern TBD Wisconsin Alabama