Big Ten lunchtime links
October, 25, 2013
By Josh Moyer | ESPN.com
A man should never have to give up his pet alligator.
- Northwestern CB Matthew Harris once survived on food stamps and church donations. Now, the freshman is making his family proud on the football field.
- Ohio State's offensive line has performed consistently well this season, and Urban Meyer said, "They're my favorite players on the team."
- Whether it's slinging pizzas at his part-time job or practicing on the football field, three-star PSU commit Antoine White is a perfectionist.
- Minnesota is dedicating Saturday's game to epilepsy awareness. Jerry Kill is expected to attend but remains on medical leave.
- Taylor Martinez will likely play this weekend, Nebraska coach Bo Pelini said, but the starter remains uncertain.
- Northwestern might be reeling right now, but Iowa RB Mark Weisman and the Hawkeyes' running game aren't taking the team for granted.
- The staff of the "Writing Illini" take a look at the most important players heading into the game against Michigan State. (Hint: You can bet Nathan Scheelhaase is mentioned.)
- Mike Griffith breaks down Michigan State's matchup against Illinois and, although the Spartans have the edge on defense, it's a bit trickier on the other side of the ball.
- Nebraska WR Jamal Turner admitted this year hasn't gone as he hoped -- but he swore he'd have a good second half to the season. And that starts against Minnesota.
- Who are the key players for Ohio State this weekend? Three experts picked three different players: CB Bradley Roby, DL Joey Bosa and TE Jeff Heuerman.
BUCKEYENATION RECRUITING NEWS
OSU FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Big Ten Conference retweeted
- Eleven Warriors retweeted
- Chris Spielman retweeted
- Buckeye Nation Fans retweeted
2014 Big Ten STANDINGS
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
TBD Southern Illinois Indiana TBD Illinois State Iowa TBD Richmond Maryland TBD BYU Nebraska TBD Norfolk State Rutgers TBD Penn State Temple TBD Wisconsin Alabama TBD Stanford Northwestern