Big Ten lunchtime links
October, 22, 2013
By Chantel Jennings | ESPN.com
The white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the red zone.
- Tom Dienhart thinks the Big Ten has a good chance to get two teams into BCS bowl games.
- Ohio State is ranked No. 4 in the BCS standings, but when Urban Meyer delivered his "state of the union" address to the team, he told them to embrace it.
- There are a few throws Wisconsin QB Joel Stave wants back, but Gary Andersen says his RS sophomore quarterback is making good progress.
- Bo Pelini says Nebraska's team goals are still within reach, plus links to video from his Monday press conference.
- After Michigan State was left unranked, the Detroit Free Press' Joe Rexrode wonders if the Spartans are the Big Ten's sleeper.
- Devin Funchess might be the receiver of the future for the Wolverines, but Jeremy Gallon is still Devin Gardner's favorite target.
- Northwestern is on a bit of a slide. The Chicago Tribune's Teddy Greenstein writes that it should be an easy fix if the Wildcats return to the basics.
- Penn State's John Urschel is an offensive lineman with a chance to go pro. But he also earned a math degree in three years, a masters in one and now teaches math classes at PSU. ... Also, he co-wrote a paper entitled "Instabilities in the Sun–Jupiter–Asteroid Three Body Problem."
- Jerry Kill was in attendance for the Gophers' win over Northwestern, and he spoke to the team after the big win (with video).
- Tickets for the Purdue-Iowa game are going for less than a dollar. Seriously.
Braxton Miller, Ohio State Begin Spring Drills
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35