Across The Field: No. 9 in books
May, 26, 2013
By Scott Kendrick | ESPN.com
This is Across The Field, a regular feature on BuckeyeNation where we point you to noteworthy Buckeyes coverage here and elsewhere. Think something should be included? Send it to email@example.com.
BuckeyeNation Week in Review
BuckeyeNation Week in Review
- Commitment No. 9 is in the books, and it's from the No. 8 outside linebacker in the country, Akron's Dante Booker.
- It was rankings week, and Austin Ward ranked the 2013 schedule, impact freshmen, the top players on the 2013 schedule and updated the Ohio State 10, in two parts.
- Tom Luginbill believes Dontre Wilson will make an instant impact.
- Brad Bournival reviewed Ohio State's recruiting at the quarter pole in the 2014 cycle.
- An offensive tackle prospect new to the game already has interest from Ohio State and Michigan.
- Bournival talked to Ted Ginn Sr. about the Cleveland Glenville pipeline to Ohio State.
- A player potentially in that pipeline is safety Erick Smith.
- An updated look at the top five cornerbacks on Ohio State's list.
- Sophomore defensive end Rashod Berry of Lorain already has the Buckeyes as a favorite.
- New Castle, Pa., defensive back Malik Hooker is talking to OSU defensive backs coach Kerry Coombs.
- Sophomore DE prospect George Brown Jr. has 25 offers but really wants one from Ohio State.
- A Florida linebacker added Ohio State to his top list.
- ESPN 150 safety Jamal Adams has OSU in his top 12.
- Ohio State caused DE Trent Harris to delay his decision.
- RB Chris Warren is just the latest player with NFL bloodlines to have an offer.
- Six other scholarship offers went out on Wednesday.
- Former Ohio State lineman LeShun Daniels has a sophomore son with Big Ten offers.
- Sophomore OL Matt Jones has lost 35 pounds, and the offers are coming in. A Hubbard, Ohio, classmate also is turning heads.
- Linebacker Ryan Shazier talked about the Buckeyes on "College Football Live."
- Big Ten assistant coach salaries are growing, writes Adam Rittenberg.
- Bournival spent time with recruits as part of Tales From The Road.
- Mitch Sherman wrote about how Urban Meyer continues to cast his shadow over the SEC in recruiting.
- The Big Ten's 2013 bowl schedule was announced.
- In this week's recruiting mailbag, Bournival covers 2014 quarterbacks, the class size and the offensive line.
- In a video, former Buckeyes player Ray Small apologized to fans for his role in the memorabilia scandal. (Eleven Warriors, YouTube)
- The homecoming game will be Oct. 19 against Iowa. (Dispatch)
- Jake Stoneburner believes he has landed in a great spot in Green Bay. (Eleven Warriors)
- Eleven Warriors is dreaming of future nonconference opponents.
- Want a plaster Urban Meyer? (Eleven Warriors)
- Deshaun Thomas didn't have a great NBA combine. (Dispatch)
- Ohio State signee Mark Loving was named a Parade All-American.
The Gang's All Here
- The Big Ten is getting more like the SEC every day, and this is in a good way. TBDBITL will travel to four road games this year, which is three more than in the past. The band will go to Cal, Purdue, Illinois and Michigan. (Toledo Blade)
- The men's tennis team lost in the NCAA semifinals. (Lantern)
- On the individual side, men's tennis junior Blaz Rlad advanced to the NCAA quarterfinals. (Dispatch)
Drive Through: Rankings Reaction
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Northwestern Iowa 12:00 PM ET Maryland Penn State 12:00 PM ET Wisconsin Rutgers 3:30 PM ET Purdue 15 Nebraska 3:30 PM ET Indiana Michigan 8:00 PM ET Illinois 16 Ohio State