A final look around the Pac-12 before this weekend's games.
- Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez and Washington State outside linebackers coach Paul Volero share a long history together, writes Daniel Berk of the Arizona Daily Star.
- Arizona State receiver Richard Smith is emerging into a playmaker, writes Tyler Lockman of FoxSportsArizona.com.
- Cal vs. Colorado will be a battle of woeful defenses, writes Jeff Faraudo of the Bay Area News Group.
- Colorado kicker Will Oliver is confident despite recent woes, writes Kyle Ringo of the Boulder Daily Camera.
- Ten things to know about Oregon vs. Utah, from CSN Northwest.
- Nearly two years have past since the death of Fred Thompson, but Oregon State safety Ryan Murphy keeps his friend close to his heart, writes Kevin Hampton of the Corvallis Gazette-Times.
- Stanford offensive coordinator Mike Bloomgren had never been part of a game in which his team had as much success on third-and-short as the Cardinal did against Oregon, writes Andy Drukarev of CardinalSportsReport.com.
- UCLA coach Jim Mora is calling for a blackout Friday night at the Rose Bowl.
- Kicker Andy Phillips has developed into a weapon for Utah, writes Alex Markham of UteZone.com.
- After taking a lot of the blame for last year's loss to Stanford, USC's Cyrus Hobbi turned the experience into a solo performance for his theatre class. It helped him move on, writes Gary Klein of the Los Angeles Times.
- Washington coach Steve Sarkisian is, again, facing the biggest game of his career, writes Jerry Brewer of the Seattle Times.
- Washington State safety Deone Bucannon will go down as an all-time great for the Cougars, writes Jacob Thorpe of the Spokesman-Review.
Best Pac-12 Position Group in 2014 Class
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35