Pac-12 lunchtime links
November, 13, 2013
By Kyle Bonagura | Special to ESPN.com
A few stories from around the Pac-12.
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham has high praise for Oregon State receiver Brandin Cooks as the Sun Devils prepare for the Beavers.
- Cal athletic director Sandy Barbour interviewed, then passed on then San Jose State coach Mike MacIntyre before hiring Sonny Dykes in December. A few days later, MacIntyre ended up at Colorado, where Cal travels to this week. Jon Wilner of the Bay Area News Group revisits Barbour's decision.
- Colorado is looking to rectify its problem with missed tackles as it prepares for Cal, writes John Henderson of the Denver Post.
- The story of how a skiing accident and subsequent rehab on campus at Washington played a role in guiding UCLA coach Jim Mora back to the college game from Christian Caple of the Tacoma News Tribune.
- USC receiver Marqise Lee needs to pick up the pace to become the school's all-time receptions leader, writes Scott Wolf of the Los Angeles Daily News.
- Oregon coach Mark Helfrich touches on many topics including the readiness of backup quarterback Jeff Lockie in his weekly press conference, provided by the Oregonian.
- Oregon State is expected to see the return of tight ends Connor Hamlett and Caleb Smith this week, both of whom have been out for the last month with injuries, writes Kevin Hampton of the Corvallis Gazette-Times.
- If Stanford coach David Shaw was the college football czar, he would implement an eight-team playoff system, writes Tom Fitzgerald of the San Francisco Chronicle.
- Utah is in the midst of the second-longest losing streak of coach Kyle Whittingham's tenure, but the coach remains firm in his stance that the Utes are headed in the right direction, writes Lya Wodraska of the Salt Lake Tribune.
- What would a win against Arizona do for the Washington State program? The impact would be far-reaching, writes Howie Stalwick of Cougfan.com.
Buy Or Sell: Pac-12
Buy Or Sell: Pac-12
DUCKNATION RECRUITING NEWS
OREGON FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Rob Moseley retweeted
2014 Pac-12 STANDINGS
7:30 PM ET Idaho State Utah 10:00 PM ET Rutgers Washington State 10:30 PM ET Weber State 19 Arizona State
9:00 PM ET Colorado State Colorado 10:30 PM ET UNLV Arizona
12:00 PM ET 7 UCLA Virginia 3:30 PM ET California Northwestern 4:00 PM ET Portland State Oregon State 4:00 PM ET UC Davis 11 Stanford 7:30 PM ET Fresno State 15 USC 10:30 PM ET 25 Washington Hawaii 10:30 PM ET South Dakota 3 Oregon