Pac-12 lunchtime links
November, 13, 2013
By Kyle Bonagura | Special to ESPN.com
A few stories from around the Pac-12.
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham has high praise for Oregon State receiver Brandin Cooks as the Sun Devils prepare for the Beavers.
- Cal athletic director Sandy Barbour interviewed, then passed on then San Jose State coach Mike MacIntyre before hiring Sonny Dykes in December. A few days later, MacIntyre ended up at Colorado, where Cal travels to this week. Jon Wilner of the Bay Area News Group revisits Barbour's decision.
- Colorado is looking to rectify its problem with missed tackles as it prepares for Cal, writes John Henderson of the Denver Post.
- The story of how a skiing accident and subsequent rehab on campus at Washington played a role in guiding UCLA coach Jim Mora back to the college game from Christian Caple of the Tacoma News Tribune.
- USC receiver Marqise Lee needs to pick up the pace to become the school's all-time receptions leader, writes Scott Wolf of the Los Angeles Daily News.
- Oregon coach Mark Helfrich touches on many topics including the readiness of backup quarterback Jeff Lockie in his weekly press conference, provided by the Oregonian.
- Oregon State is expected to see the return of tight ends Connor Hamlett and Caleb Smith this week, both of whom have been out for the last month with injuries, writes Kevin Hampton of the Corvallis Gazette-Times.
- If Stanford coach David Shaw was the college football czar, he would implement an eight-team playoff system, writes Tom Fitzgerald of the San Francisco Chronicle.
- Utah is in the midst of the second-longest losing streak of coach Kyle Whittingham's tenure, but the coach remains firm in his stance that the Utes are headed in the right direction, writes Lya Wodraska of the Salt Lake Tribune.
- What would a win against Arizona do for the Washington State program? The impact would be far-reaching, writes Howie Stalwick of Cougfan.com.
Best Pac-12 Position Group in 2014 Class
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35