Oklahoma Sooners: Quinton White
Look at the bright side, Pokes fans: At least this afternoon's headlines will be dominated by new iPhones.
- Part I of the Sports Illustrated investigative report on Oklahoma State was released this morning. OSU athletic director Mike Holder said the SI allegations are very disturbing on Monday and also called every Big 12 AD to apologize in advance for the story. OSU players are already denying the allegations, and fans are understandably nervous.
- West Virginia's investigation into assistant Joe DeForest, a key player in the SI story, will be handled "quickly but thoroughly." Meanwhile, the three-man battle for the West Virginia QB job is opening up again, putting WVU right back where it started. WVU coaches do know they have a talented defense.
- Mack Brown further explained the firing of Manny Diaz on Monday and argued it wasn't a panic move. USA Today's George Schroeder offers his take from the press conference. Brown has a short leash now, and some say Brown and Texas are where they deserve to be.
- The TCU game is a measuring stick for Texas Tech's progress to start Big 12 play. Kliff Kingsbury says Michael Brewer, who hasn't practiced in a month, likely won't be returning soon. Running back Quinton White is ready for a bigger role after a breakout performance.
- Don't expect Casey Pachall to take a medical redshirt for this season, even if he does miss eight weeks. Kingsbury says the Frogs' QB situation was a pick your poison problem for defenses before Pachall went down. Remember, Devonte Fields is back in the starting lineup this week after playing one half last week.
- Oklahoma coaches are confident Blake Bell can get the job done with Trevor Knight out. The next two weeks are critical for Bell and OU, but both Bell and Knight have been gracious thus far about their competition.
- ISU running back Jeff Woody says he's vehemently against ending the ISU-Iowa rivalry in the future. Paul Rhoads wants the Cy-Hawk Trophy but is fine with lollipops, too.
- North Dakota State quarterback Brock Jensen received a handwritten note from Bill Snyder after NDSU's upset win. Tyler Lockett is becoming Kansas State's No. 1 receiver with Jake Waters behind center.
- ESPN's No. 1 ranked juco recruit isn't starting for Kansas, and Charlie Weis explains why. KU, which had 90 punt return yards in the entire 2012 season, just got 92 from former walk-on Connor Embree.
- The start Baylor is off to this season has been unbelievable, particularly on offense. But is Bryce Petty off to a RGIII-like start to his season?
Top Returning Players: Big 12
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35