Oklahoma Sooners: Parker Graham
- Oklahoma defensive tackle Jordan Phillips will likely miss the rest of the season due to a back injury. The Sooners will need some inexperienced defensive tackles to step up in his absence, writes Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman.
- Iowa State coach Paul Rhoads doesn't sound very excited about facing Baylor this weekend, writes Bobby LaGesse of the Ames Tribune.
- TCU coach Gary Patterson isn't a fan of bye weeks once Big 12 play begins, writes Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- "You can just tell the Big 12 is up for grabs for anyone who wants it," says Oklahoma State's Parker Graham. The Oklahoman's Gina Mizell has the story.
- Bad production on offense has overshadowed a good start by Kansas' defense, says Tom Keegan of KUsports.com.
- Baylor quarterback Bryce Petty showed unusual poise in his first road start, writes John Werner of the Waco Tribune. Bears receiver Corey Coleman was suspended for the first half against Iowa State for a block on KSU's Kip Daily last weekend.
- The Wildcats are tired of coming close but coming up short in losses to Baylor and Oklahoma State, writes Nicolas Wahl of the Manhattan Mercury.
- OU offensive coordinator Josh Heupel might have outsmarted himself against Texas, says John Hoover of the Tulsa World.
- Texas Tech defensive end Branden Jackson is one of the few Red Raiders who knows what to expect when his squad travels to Morgantown, W. Va. this weekend, writes Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- West Virginia has faced one of the toughest schedules in college football thus far, writes Mike Casazza of the Charleston Daily Mail.
I appreciate all the questions during our chat, here's the full transcript.
Andrew (Norman): What up Brandon? How have your expectations changed for the Sooners since Knight was named the starter?
Brandon: They haven't changed all that much. I still see a 8-4, 9-3 type season for the Sooners. I like Knight's potential and think he will develop into a big-time playmaker in time … but I'm not sure that time is now, or anytime during in his redshirt freshman season. It will be interesting to see how he does.
Bill Snyder (Manhattan,Kansas): What are the odds I make fools out of the media again for picking my team to finish sixth in the Big 12?
Brandon: Very good. People keep counting you out and you keep placing yourself in the hunt. But …. you won't do it by chatting with me on a Wednesday afternoon, you should be at practice right now Bill. Come on, you're better than that.
Ben (California): Any word on who will play LT for OSU?
Brandon: I would expect Parker Graham to step in. It seems like the quickest, easiest solution for the Cowboys.
Chuck (WV): I can see WVU going anywhere from 4-8 to 9-3. Which do you think is more likely, 4-8 or 9-3?
Brandon: I have to go with 4-8 right now. Too much uncertainty in Morgantown. That said, I'm a believer in Dana Holgorsen so I wouldn't be surprised to see him find a bunch of playmakers, put them in position to succeed and jump into the Big 12 title hunt.
Josh (Fort Worth): How do you see the TCU-LSU game shaking out?
Brandon: I think it will be a tough, physical game but ultimately LSU's overall depth will be the difference in a close contest. I can't wait to watch it.
Shawn (OH): Texas running backs … Do they have a clear No. 1 or are we going to see each one of them get 10 touches a game?
Brandon: I'd think they'll use them all and put them on the field together quite a bit. It doesn't make sense to have that type of talent on the sideline. I have a feeling [Johnathan] Gray is going to have a big year though.
Todd (rich): Is this truly a rebuilding season for Kingsbury and Tech?? or are they at least bowl bound?
Brandon: The league is so wide open, I'm not going to say any team won't be able to do something. What if Kingsbury just brings in a confidence and attitude that takes the Red Raiders to another level? Who's clearly going to be standing in their way? *shrugs shoulders*
So that's why I'm so excited about this season.
Spring Game Wrap-Up
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
TBD North Dakota State Iowa State TBD Louisiana Tech Oklahoma TBD North Texas Texas TBD Stephen F. Austin Kansas State TBD Samford TCU TBD Central Arkansas Texas Tech 3:30 PM ET West Virginia Alabama 8:00 PM ET Florida State Oklahoma State