Oklahoma Sooners: Justin Coleman
Now here's a thought: Could a college football player be worth $114,000 or as much as $419,000?
- Bob Stoops is showing a new attitude this fall compared to 2012. He's also talking about the SEC again.
- Kansas State's Tyler Lockett is the latest in the Book of Lockett. A grayshirt season in 2010 ended up helping Dante Barnett mature. KSU is hoping for a better showing on the road.
- Despite his hot seat, Mack Brown has earned the respect of Iowa State. Texas snapper Nate Boyer was nominated for the William V. Campbell Trophy.
- Opposing coaches are noticing the strides Baylor's defense has made. That defense has scored more points off turnovers than it has allowed so far.
- Oklahoma State can use Kansas State as a measuring stick this weekend. Its offensive linemen are taking responsibility for struggles in the run game last week.
- TCU is hoping to get more production out of Trevone Boykin's rushing talents.
- Texas Tech tight end Jace Amaro has the respect of KU defenders. Records show former TTU coach Tommy Tuberville was indeed reprimanded for his sideline blowup last season.
- Charlie Weis says the Jayhawks simply need to score more points. Renovations are being planned for KU's Memorial Stadium.
- Great story from the Ames Tribune on how receiver Justin Coleman wound up at Iowa State after his previous football program was shut down. Beating Texas tonight could launch ISU's expectations for 2013.
- West Virginia QB Clint Trickett is still getting used to the Air Raid offense. He and Dana Holgorsen are still working to get on the same page.
September, 3, 2013
By Jake Trotter | ESPN.com
How does a self-proclaimed OU fan dream of going to Texas?
- Bill Snyder is looking for leaders to emerge, reports Ken Corbitt of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- Iowa State receiver Justin Coleman was a bright spot in the Northern Iowa loss, writes Dan Wright of the Ames Tribune.
- J.W. Walsh earned the starting job at Oklahoma State through offseason work, writes The Oklahoman's Gina Mizell.
- The Charleston Gazette's Dave Hickman declares that Paul Millard is the man in Morgantown.
- Stefan Stevenson writes that TCU's offensive line held its own against LSU. The receivers, not so much.
- Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World profiles five Jayhawks who could surprise.
- Mike Finger of the San Antonio Express-News reports wideout Kendall Sanders (ankle) could return this weekend at BYU.
- Bob Stoops is not concerned with Trevor Knight's passing debut, according to The Tulsa World's Guerin Emig.
- The Waco Tribune-Herald's John Werner grades Baylor's performance against Wofford.
- The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal's Don Williams gives an injury update on the Red Raiders.
Spring Game Wrap-Up
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
TBD North Dakota State Iowa State TBD Louisiana Tech Oklahoma TBD North Texas Texas TBD Stephen F. Austin Kansas State TBD Samford TCU TBD Central Arkansas Texas Tech 3:30 PM ET West Virginia Alabama 8:00 PM ET Florida State Oklahoma State