Oklahoma Sooners: DeLoss Dodds
October, 11, 2013
By Brandon Chatmon | ESPN.com
Not a big hockey guy, but this was pretty special.
- Iowa State is looking to get more touchdowns in the red zone, writes Bobby LaGesse of the Ames Tribune.
- Kansas linebacker Ben Goodman credits his rodeo background for his toughness, writes Rustin Dodd of the Kansas City Star.
- Does West Virginia need to find a quarterback before they find offensive success? Stephen Nesbitt of the Pittsburgh tackles the question.
- Life is not easy for the coach who loses OU-Texas, writes The Oklahoman's Berry Tramel.
- The roles are reversed when Kansas State takes on Baylor on Saturday, writes Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle.
- Several former Oklahoma State players have reunited as coaches in Division II football, writes Kelly Hines of the Tulsa World.
- Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds has been very good for the state of Oklahoma, writes the Tulsa World's John Klein.
- Student attendance is up at Texas Tech during Kliff Kingsbury's first season in Lubbock, writes Krista Pirtle of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- The Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Jimmy Burch has 12 reasons for the current state of the Longhorns.
October, 9, 2013
By Brandon Chatmon | ESPN.com
Terrell Owens made a recent appearance on "SportsNation." Let's just say, "Shots fired!!!"
- Iowa State has a history of bouncing back after tough losses, writes Bobby La Gesse of the Ames Tribune.
- Center has been a problem position for Kansas, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Baylor's Tevin Reese thinks there is a drawback when scoring 70 points in a game, writes the Wichita Eagle's Kellis Robinett.
- KSU coach Bill Snyder points to his 2003 Wildcats squad to give this current group hope, writes Ken Corbitt of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- Josh Heupel and Major Applewhite will meet again on Saturday. Heupel, Oklahoma's offensive coordinator, and Applewhite, Texas' offensive coordinator, dueled as starting quarterbacks in 1999 and 2000, splitting the two games, writes Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman.
- Oklahoma State's offensive tempo has been slowed for various reasons, writes Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman.
- Texas receiver Mike Davis issues another apology for his late block on Iowa State defensive back Deon Broomfield, reports Mike Finger of the San Antonio Express-News.
- Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds says the result of the Red River Rivalry isn't the only thing that will decide Mack Brown's fate, writes Brad Townsend and Chuck Carlton of the Dallas Morning News.
- TCU's defense could be better than its 2-3 record would lead you to believe, writes Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- The red zone could be key when Texas Tech hosts Iowa State on Saturday, reports Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- West Virginia coach Dana Holgorsen still has hope the Mountaineers can get quality play from the quarterback position, writes Dave Hickman of the Charleston Gazette.
- The Mountaineers' bye week comes at the perfect time, reports Mike Casazza of the Charleston Daily Mail.
If you haven't already seen the video of Dana Holgorsen sipping Red Bull on the sideline, enjoy.
- Texas AD DeLoss Dodds is expected to announce plans for his resignation today. A look at some potential candidates to replace him. The Longhorns also lost a legend Monday in former quarterback James Street.
- One year after giving up 807 yards in Morgantown, Baylor is ready to show how far its defense has come against West Virginia.
- Could Oklahoma find a way to use both Blake Bell and Trevor Knight to challenge opposing defenses?
- Even after one of the best games of his career, TCU safety Sam Carter remains his own toughest critic.
- Texas Tech is sticking with Baker Mayfield at quarterback this week. Is staring the season 7-0 a realistic possibility?
- Charlie Weis still remembers drafting Kliff Kingsbury while with the Patriots. What's going on with the receivers at Kansas? Ex-Jayhawk Marquel Combs has transferred to Southeastern Louisiana.
- Still no word on whether Oklahoma State CB Justin Gilbert will be punished for getting ejected from the WVU game. J.W. Walsh regrets audibling out of a goal-line run in that loss. OSU landed the fastest recruit in the country Monday.
- WVU is down to one healthy quarterback, creating one big question mark for Saturday.
- Paul Rhoads has found his guy at running back in Aaron Wimberly.
- Kansas State is preparing for a disappointed Oklahoma State team this week and trying to fix its own flaws.
September, 25, 2013
By Jake Trotter | ESPN.com
Kliff Kingsbury is right, it's not like there are a bunch of supermodels in the coaching profession:
- Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds tells the Dallas Morning News' Chuck Carlton he'll make the tough decision if he has to. But Dodds also says that Mack Brown is energized and everything is in place for the Longhorns to turn the corner.
- TCU hopes its running back duo can help spark a stagnant offense, writes the Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Stefan Stevenson.
- Kansas is still tinkering with a faster tempo, according to the Lawrence Journal-World's Matt Tait.
- The Cyclones are preparing to make the season's first road trip a boom, writes Tommy Birch of the Des Moines Register.
- Texas Tech picked up a commitment from a junior-college defensive tackle.
- Oklahoma center Gabe Ikard will have his hands full on Saturday, says The Oklahoman's Ryan Aber.
- The Mountaineers are hoping a looser attitude will help, according to the Charleston Gazette's Dave Hickman.
- The Tulsa World's Kelly Hines goes up close with Oklahoma State linebacker Caleb Lavey.
- The Bears are cruising, but they can't relax, writes Brice Cherry of the Waco Tribune-Herald.
- K-State is regrouping after its loss at Texas, report the Topeka Capital-Journal's Ken Corbitt.
Big 12 2015 Recruiting Overview
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
TBD Oklahoma State Central Michigan TBD Northern Iowa Iowa State TBD South Dakota State Kansas TBD South Dakota Kansas State TBD Texas Notre Dame TBD Akron Oklahoma TBD Baylor SMU TBD Sam Houston State Texas Tech TBD Georgia Southern West Virginia