Oklahoma Sooners: Connor Embree
- Part I of the Sports Illustrated investigative report on Oklahoma State was released this morning. OSU athletic director Mike Holder said the SI allegations are very disturbing on Monday and also called every Big 12 AD to apologize in advance for the story. OSU players are already denying the allegations, and fans are understandably nervous.
- West Virginia's investigation into assistant Joe DeForest, a key player in the SI story, will be handled "quickly but thoroughly." Meanwhile, the three-man battle for the West Virginia QB job is opening up again, putting WVU right back where it started. WVU coaches do know they have a talented defense.
- Mack Brown further explained the firing of Manny Diaz on Monday and argued it wasn't a panic move. USA Today's George Schroeder offers his take from the press conference. Brown has a short leash now, and some say Brown and Texas are where they deserve to be.
- The TCU game is a measuring stick for Texas Tech's progress to start Big 12 play. Kliff Kingsbury says Michael Brewer, who hasn't practiced in a month, likely won't be returning soon. Running back Quinton White is ready for a bigger role after a breakout performance.
- Don't expect Casey Pachall to take a medical redshirt for this season, even if he does miss eight weeks. Kingsbury says the Frogs' QB situation was a pick your poison problem for defenses before Pachall went down. Remember, Devonte Fields is back in the starting lineup this week after playing one half last week.
- Oklahoma coaches are confident Blake Bell can get the job done with Trevor Knight out. The next two weeks are critical for Bell and OU, but both Bell and Knight have been gracious thus far about their competition.
- ISU running back Jeff Woody says he's vehemently against ending the ISU-Iowa rivalry in the future. Paul Rhoads wants the Cy-Hawk Trophy but is fine with lollipops, too.
- North Dakota State quarterback Brock Jensen received a handwritten note from Bill Snyder after NDSU's upset win. Tyler Lockett is becoming Kansas State's No. 1 receiver with Jake Waters behind center.
- ESPN's No. 1 ranked juco recruit isn't starting for Kansas, and Charlie Weis explains why. KU, which had 90 punt return yards in the entire 2012 season, just got 92 from former walk-on Connor Embree.
- The start Baylor is off to this season has been unbelievable, particularly on offense. But is Bryce Petty off to a RGIII-like start to his season?
Oklahoma Sooners, Texas Longhorns, Baylor Bears, Iowa State Cyclones, Kansas Jayhawks, Kansas State Wildcats, Oklahoma State Cowboys, Texas Tech Red Raiders, TCU Horned Frogs, West Virginia Mountaineers, Mack Brown, Tyler Lockett, Blake Bell, Trevor Knight, Casey Pachall, Jeff Woody, Michael Brewer, Devonte Fields, Kliff Kingsbury, Bryce Petty, Bill Synder, Brock Jensen, Connor Embree, Quinton White
Big 12 Playoff Hopes Rest On One Game
SOONERNATION RECRUITING NEWS
OKLAHOMA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Gerald McCoy retweeted
- Oklahoma Football retweeted
- roy williams retweeted
- Brandon Chatmon retweeted