Oklahoma Sooners: Big 12 lunchtime links
Some old school "SportsCenter" bloopers is a good way to kick start your afternoon.
- Baylor landed an offensive line transfer from Texas A&M.
- Oklahoma released alternate uniforms on Tuesday. They are designed to represent the tradition of the Sooners.
- The Sooners released their new look on Tuesday, and former players like the move.
- The Sooners' alternate uniforms had been in the works for a long time.
- ESPN Insider Travis Haney takes a closer look at the Sooners' College Football Playoff hopes.
- OU isn't the only Big 12 team that will have a new look in 2014. Iowa State will add a matte helmet to its uniform options.
- The Dallas Morning News projects TCU's starting quarterback and running back. The preseason competition for both spots will be interesting to watch.
- Athlon ranks the schedules for each Big 12 school.
No matter what happens today, this team makes me proud to be an American.
- It's a big day for the conference as the Big 12 released its new logo.
- West Virginia safety Karl Joseph and Oklahoma linebacker Eric Striker are among college football's top 14 hitters on NFL.com's list.
- Naming Clint Trickett as the Mountaineers' starting quarterback is the right call, writes Dave Hickman of The Charleston Gazette.
- A former Baylor commitment has Oklahoma at the top of his list of favorite schools.
- TCU coach Gary Patterson chatted about the Horned Frogs with FoxSports' Bruce Feldman.
- Oklahoma running backs coach Cale Gundy took another shot at Alabama coach Nick Saban.
- Former Sooners All-Big 12 lineman Gabe Ikard is looking to pass along his expertise, at a price, this summer.
I just ordered this. You should, too.
- Recently named starting quarterback Clint Trickett "just wants to win some games" for West Virginia.
- Oklahoma athletic director Joe Castiglione believes Sooners fans are going to like the changes to Oklahoma Memorial Stadium, even if some fans are unhappy about how it impacts them.
- West Virginia is trying to find answers after a slow start in the Big 12.
- Kansas continues to add junior college talent to its Class of 2015.
- Kansas linebacker Ben Heeney is the face of the Jayhawks, writes Tom Keegan of KUsports.com.
- A look back at the dominance of OU's 1974 national championship squad.
- Oklahoma State running back commitment Ronald Jones is using a tragedy to drive himself to further heights.
- TCU should start selling beer at its football games, writes Mac Engel of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Horned Frogs defensive end Devonte Fields is the No. 1 defensive player poised for a comeback this fall, according to Yahoo! Sports.
This is as cool as it gets. Bravo, Adam Silver, for giving Isaiah Austin his moment.
- Big 12 had three of the top six picks and five overall during Thursday's NBA Draft.
- Also from the draft: Marcus Smart explains his impressive custom suit...
- ...but No. 1 pick Andrew Wiggins' suit is going down as an all-timer.
- Former OU lineman Gabe Ikard named Big 12 Male Sportsperson of the Year.
- Collin Klein is joining the Kansas State coaching staff as a grad assistant.
- Is Clint Trickett at QB West Virginia's only way to succeed in 2014?
- Kansas picked up two verbal commitments from the state of Texas.
- Athlon examines how Art Briles has set up Baylor to succeed.
- Three Big 12 CBs made this list of the top 20 defenders on the rise.
World Cup, NBA draft, Wimbledon ... it's going to be a good day.
- Bob Stoops will make $5.25 million in 2014 and his assistant are getting raises.
- Beer sales are not a part of Oklahoma's stadium renovation plans.
- Bryce Petty has been nominated for Big 12 Male Sportsperson of the Year.
- Kansas' Memorial Stadium track did have some glory years.
- Texas A&M has lined up another game against a Big 12 team: Baylor men's basketball.
- Could West Virginia WR Kevin White be poised for a senior-year surge?
- WVU is dishing out $500,000 to bring Youngstown State in for a 2016 non-con game.
- An early look ahead at Week 6 of the Big 12 season.
Everything Wright Thompson has been writing from the World Cup is awesome. Try to keep up. On to the links...
- Everything you need to know about Oklahoma's stadium renovation proposal.
- Bob Stoops is expected to join the $5 million club this week. Well deserved.
- Texas Monthly has a terrific closer look at Art Briles' love of music.
- Baylor AD Ian McCaw says he got death threats for hiring Briles over Mike Singletary.
- Georgia running back Kalin Heath gave a verbal commitment to Kansas State.
- TTU's Davis Webb has been "relentless" ever since his freshman season ended.
- Former OU QB Kendal Thompson will have to battle Travis Wilson for the Utah starting job.
- Farewell, Kansas' Memorial Stadium track. Demolition began today.
I'm not a LeBron hater, but here's the early favorite for tweet of the day.
- Mike Casazza of the Charleston Daily Mail goes in depth on what NCAA reform will mean.
- If you missed it yesterday, Texas AD Steve Patterson had strong words on the NCAA and compensation.
- Paul Rhoads road motorcycles in the rain with 500 fans to raise money for Alzheimer's research.
- A cousin of Seneca Wallace has made a verbal commitment to Iowa State.
- UNC coach Larry Fedora says he wants to use Oklahoma State's rise as his program's blueprint.
- Defensive coordinator Glenn Spencer is now the highest-paid assistant in the history of OSU football.
- Former Oklahoma State RB Devon Thomas pleads not guilty to felony charges.
- The Sooners have defensive tackle Jordan Phillips back for full participation this summer.
- Oklahoma extended a scholarship offer to a 2016 quarterback recruit.
- Baylor lost a commitment from CB/WR John Humphrey Jr. on Monday night.
- Ex-Baylor All-Big 12 linebacker Eddie Lackey was cut by the Toronto Argonauts this week.
We're all rooting for you, Isaiah Austin.
- What makes Mark Mangino tick? Good story from Randy Peterson of the Des Moines Register.
- Freddie Steinmark's story is coming to the big screen ... including at TCU's stadium.
- Has Oklahoma State lost a step in positive public relations? Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman says yes.
- Cornerback Ashton Lampkin is one of the Pokes' most improved players entering the fall.
- Rick Gosselin of the Dallas Morning News looks back on Vince Young's legacy.
- Touted Oklahoma freshman safety Steven Parker was arrested this weekend.
- Cale Gundy breaks down how Oklahoma's freshman RBs are faring so far.
- Charlie Weis excited about finally removing the track at Kansas' Memorial Stadium.
- The 10 most pivotal players on West Virginia's roster in 2014.
- Oliver Luck says West Virginia's athletic department will break even for the fiscal year.
- Breaking down week 5 of the Big 12 season. Look out, Tech.
Rest in peace, Richard Durrett.
- An Oklahoma State walk-on was stabbed, robbed and abducted in a bizarre story. The Tulsa World's Samantha Vicent has the details.
- This is another really bad look for Oklahoma State freshman running back Devon Thomas, who was arrested last month on charges of burglary, robbery and shooting with intent to kill.
- Waco, Texas, officials are discussing how they're going to handle parking and shuttles for Baylor's debut in McLane Stadium, reports the Waco Tribune-Herald's J.B. Smith.
- Kansas added yet another commitment, this time a juco wide receiver. It was the Jayhawks' seventh commitment in four days.
- "My All American" is filming in Dallas-Fort Worth this week, and extras are needed. The film is about University of Texas football standout Freddie Steinmark.
- Oklahoma assistant Jay Norvell wrapped up his youth camp.
- The Iowa State Daily's Kelby Wingert features Jack Trice, whom Iowa State named its football stadium after.
The game winner, live from Big 12 country.
- Kansas picked up a mammoth junior college offensive tackle.
- Kansas State added a defensive tackle commitment.
- Las Vegas is high on the Sooners, but not the rest of the Big 12?
- The Sporting News has Oklahoma and Oregon playing for all the marbles.
- USA Today's Paul Myerberg previews West Virginia. The Mountaineers also snagged an OL recruit.
- TCU hired a former player to be its director of high school relations.
- Former Texas Tech WR Michael Crabtree was back in the Metroplex this week.
If you're planning to watch some of the World Cup over the weekend, this should help you prepare.
- Former Oklahoma star running back Joe Washington hopes the Sooners remember the feeling after their win against Alabama as they strive to win a national championship this fall.
- Sooners tight end Blake Bell says his knee is strong after missing OU's spring game, reports Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman.
- West Virginia quarterback Clint Trickett is still working his way back after shoulder surgery, reports Mike Casazza of the Charleston Daily Mail.
- A few tweaks chould help TCU turn things around after struggling during its first two years in the Big 12.
- Former Mountaineers' running back Charles Sims has signed with Tampa Bay.
- OU running backs coach Cale Gundy is one of the Sooners' top recruiters.
- The Sooners landed an offensive line commitment.
- There's no reason to add BYU unless another quality possible addition emerges to join the Cougars, writes John Klein of the Tulsa World.
- Athlon ranks the Top 10 Big 12 non-conference games in 2014.
You have a couple hours to get your World Cup bracket in. (Psst, you might want to pick Brazil to win.)
- There is plenty to celebrate after the announcement that the Red River Showdown will remain at the Cotton Bowl through 2025. Oklahoma and Texas have met in Dallas since 1929.
- The Dallas Morning News continues its Big 12 predictions.
- Oklahoma State landed a commit from a Texas safety.
- Former Oklahoma State star Lorenzo Turner passed away.
- Former Cowboys cornerback Justin Gilbert is already making a strong impression in Cleveland.
- Here's a preview of Texas Tech's top prospects for the 2015 NFL draft from CBSsports.com.
I've really enjoyed these glimpses into USA Soccer's prep for the World Cup.
- Iowa State defensive end Cory Morrissey hopes his healthy lifestyle will pay off for himself and the Cyclones this fall.
- Iowa State landed a defensive line recruit but his commitment may spark an in-home rivalry.
- One text message from Paul Rhoads sparked Brandon Jensen's return to the Cyclones' team.
- The Dallas Cowboys signed former Texas Tech defensive lineman Dartwan Bush.
- Here's a closer look at some of the NFL prospects to watch on Texas' roster from CBSsports.com.
- Oklahoma State landed a commitment from a junior college defensive tackle.
- One of Oklahoma's February signees will head to junior college instead of Norman, Oklahoma, this fall.
- Kansas State's Thursday night tilt with Auburn is already sold out.
Happy Friday. Be sure to drink lots of fluids this weekend.
- Facility upgrades, starting with Jack Trice Stadium, will be a shot in the arm for Iowa State.
- Closer look at Kansas State's chances of being a playoff team in 2014.
- Oklahoma State running back Devon Thomas charged with three felonies.
- A better look at the Cowboys' new turf design. Now that is sharp.
- Oklahoma LB Frank Shannon not yet working out with team; Tyler Evans cleared to play.
- New TCU roster features Matt Joeckel and jersey numbers for freshmen.
- Texas Tech QB signee Pat Mahomes was not drafted on the first day of the MLB Draft.
- Crazy college coaching salaries are in fact money well spent, argues Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman.
- Extras are needed for a movie about former Longhorn Freddie Steinmark. Aaron Eckhart plays DKR.
- Texas is still No. 1 in college sports revenues at $165 million, per USA Today.
- A Big 12 school is named the No. 2 college football town for 2014.
- Important analysis of the similarities between Art Briles and Davy Crockett.
Happy Monday, folks. Hope you don't have a case of the Mondays.
- Oklahoma State took a risk on RB Devon Thomas and lost, writes John Helsley of The Oklahoman.
- Brice Cherry of the Waco Tribune reviews Art Briles' latest book.
- Iowa State's coaching staff battled in a pork loin cook-off this weekend.
- Oklahoma LB signee Tay Evans tried to give up playing football and is glad he didn't.
- Shaquille Riddick is earning honors before he even shows up to West Virginia
- Oliver Luck's coaching hires at West Virginia might all have something in common.
- Former TCU linebacker Daryl Washington has been suspended for the 2014 season.
- Kansas coaches are shifting their focus to their 2014 opponents.
- Iowa State is 66th and West Virginia is 67th in Athlon's preseason rankings.
- Former Texas coach Mack Brown has reportedly found a new job.