Oklahoma Sooners: Big 12 lunch links
Happy Friday, everybody. Here are the links...
- Kliff Kingsbury had a dance-off against a Texas Tech wide receiver.
- Oklahoma opened up its Thursday spring practice to its student fans, though only 200 showed up.
- Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman wants to see the fiery New Orleans Sooners again in 2014.
- Baylor released its post-spring depth chart, and it doesn't have many seniors.
- Bob Connelly is delivering a fresh message as the new Oklahoma State offensive line coach.
- A Texas Tech offensive lineman appears to have suffered a career-ending injury.
- Local kid WR Deante Burton has moved up to a starting role in the Kansas State offense.
- TCU landed a commitment from a Dallas-area wide receiver.
- "Snap and clear" is the motto of Iowa State's new defensive backs coach.
- ISU running back DeVondrick Nealy was charged with an excessive noise complaint.
- Five things to keep an eye on in Kansas' spring game this weekend.
- Former Jayhawk great Todd Reesing reflects on his career and the new KU offense.
- Who's the sleeper team of the Big 12 this season?
You missed a crazy night in Ames, including riots and car flipping.
- For all his swag, Kliff Kingsbury is also a grinder dedicated to detail, writes Jeremy Fowler of CBS Sports.
- D.J. Polite-Bray will bring a deep threat to the Texas Tech offense.
- Oliver Luck explains his $106 million master plan for facility renovations at West Virginia.
- Second-year back Rennie Childs is still fighting for a spot in the Oklahoma State rotation.
- With the top three set, OSU is looking for one more rusher to contribute in 2014.
- Oklahoma has a new attitude on defense going forward, writes Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman.
- The Sooners will be missing some top receivers for their spring game.
- Redshirt freshman Joel Lanning is still competing for the Iowa State QB job.
- Watch KU go as Montell Cozart grows, writes Tom Keegan of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Charlie Weis doesn't shoot down the possibility of a two-QB system in 2014.
- ISU's Jarvis West is ready for his comeback season after a knee injury cost him 2013.
- Three Big 12 coaches cracked the top 10 of this Athlon ranking of all 128 FBS coaches.
This is pretty great. Bravo, Charlie Weis.
- Baylor's spring scrimmage showed flashes of the past and the future, writes John Werner of the Waco Tribune.
- Believe it or not, Art Briles says he still hasn't visited his new stadium.
- At the end of spring ball, J.W. Walsh is looking like the starter at QB for Oklahoma State.
- New offensive line coach Bob Connelly faces challenges in rebuilding the OSU O-line.
- The Pokes landed a pledge from an elite Dallas-Fort Worth area running back on Sunday.
- The redesigned TCU spread offense sputtered in its spring game scrimmage.
- Devonte Fields and the Horned Frog offensive line did make a good impression on Saturday.
- Davis Webb and DeAndre Washington shined in Texas Tech's scrimmage on Friday.
- West Virginia's offense showed it still needs work in an open scrimmage on Saturday.
- Don't sleep on Dustin Garrison, who scored two TDs in the WVU scrimmage.
- Transfer receiver Nick Harwell is turning some heads in Kansas spring practices.
- Emmitt Smith, LaDainian Tomlinson are among the stars Texas assistant Tommie Robinson has coached.
- Is the tight end position making a comeback in the Oklahoma offense?
- The Sooners are seeing more physical play from the offensive and defensive lines.
Week 1: Take Your Pick
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET North Dakota State Iowa State 3:30 PM ET West Virginia 2 Alabama 7:00 PM ET Louisiana Tech 4 Oklahoma 7:00 PM ET Samford TCU 7:00 PM ET Central Arkansas Texas Tech 7:10 PM ET Stephen F. Austin 20 Kansas State 8:00 PM ET North Texas Texas 8:00 PM ET 1 Florida State Oklahoma State