Oklahoma Sooners: Big 12 lunch links
Happy Friday, everybody. Here are the links...
- Kliff Kingsbury had a dance-off against a Texas Tech wide receiver.
- Oklahoma opened up its Thursday spring practice to its student fans, though only 200 showed up.
- Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman wants to see the fiery New Orleans Sooners again in 2014.
- Baylor released its post-spring depth chart, and it doesn't have many seniors.
- Bob Connelly is delivering a fresh message as the new Oklahoma State offensive line coach.
- A Texas Tech offensive lineman appears to have suffered a career-ending injury.
- Local kid WR Deante Burton has moved up to a starting role in the Kansas State offense.
- TCU landed a commitment from a Dallas-area wide receiver.
- "Snap and clear" is the motto of Iowa State's new defensive backs coach.
- ISU running back DeVondrick Nealy was charged with an excessive noise complaint.
- Five things to keep an eye on in Kansas' spring game this weekend.
- Former Jayhawk great Todd Reesing reflects on his career and the new KU offense.
- Who's the sleeper team of the Big 12 this season?
You missed a crazy night in Ames, including riots and car flipping.
- For all his swag, Kliff Kingsbury is also a grinder dedicated to detail, writes Jeremy Fowler of CBS Sports.
- D.J. Polite-Bray will bring a deep threat to the Texas Tech offense.
- Oliver Luck explains his $106 million master plan for facility renovations at West Virginia.
- Second-year back Rennie Childs is still fighting for a spot in the Oklahoma State rotation.
- With the top three set, OSU is looking for one more rusher to contribute in 2014.
- Oklahoma has a new attitude on defense going forward, writes Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman.
- The Sooners will be missing some top receivers for their spring game.
- Redshirt freshman Joel Lanning is still competing for the Iowa State QB job.
- Watch KU go as Montell Cozart grows, writes Tom Keegan of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Charlie Weis doesn't shoot down the possibility of a two-QB system in 2014.
- ISU's Jarvis West is ready for his comeback season after a knee injury cost him 2013.
- Three Big 12 coaches cracked the top 10 of this Athlon ranking of all 128 FBS coaches.
This is pretty great. Bravo, Charlie Weis.
- Baylor's spring scrimmage showed flashes of the past and the future, writes John Werner of the Waco Tribune.
- Believe it or not, Art Briles says he still hasn't visited his new stadium.
- At the end of spring ball, J.W. Walsh is looking like the starter at QB for Oklahoma State.
- New offensive line coach Bob Connelly faces challenges in rebuilding the OSU O-line.
- The Pokes landed a pledge from an elite Dallas-Fort Worth area running back on Sunday.
- The redesigned TCU spread offense sputtered in its spring game scrimmage.
- Devonte Fields and the Horned Frog offensive line did make a good impression on Saturday.
- Davis Webb and DeAndre Washington shined in Texas Tech's scrimmage on Friday.
- West Virginia's offense showed it still needs work in an open scrimmage on Saturday.
- Don't sleep on Dustin Garrison, who scored two TDs in the WVU scrimmage.
- Transfer receiver Nick Harwell is turning some heads in Kansas spring practices.
- Emmitt Smith, LaDainian Tomlinson are among the stars Texas assistant Tommie Robinson has coached.
- Is the tight end position making a comeback in the Oklahoma offense?
- The Sooners are seeing more physical play from the offensive and defensive lines.
Big 12 2015 Recruiting Overview
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
TBD Oklahoma State Central Michigan TBD Northern Iowa Iowa State TBD South Dakota State Kansas TBD South Dakota Kansas State TBD Texas Notre Dame TBD Akron Oklahoma TBD Baylor SMU TBD Sam Houston State Texas Tech TBD Georgia Southern West Virginia