- Bob Przybylo, Reporter, RecruitingNation
Every Thursday, SoonerNation releases the Sooner Intel, a sneak peek inside Oklahoma Sooners football recruiting with news and notes on the latest happenings around the program. Talk about it on our forum. A few things discussed in this week's update:
• A Florida defensive back talks more about his appreciation for Mike Stoops.
• The Sooners have one big-time visitor in town this weekend.
• OU has made an impression on two UCLA commmits.
• Tim Kish isn't giving up on a linebacker committed to another Big 12 school.
• Will the state's top-ranked recruit play football this season?
Read the Sooner Intel after the jump.
Robbins needs visit to confirm feelings
Last month three-star cornerback Lamar Robbins (Miami/Southridge) surprised some by implying that he was close to a commitment and that his best relationship is with OU defensive backs coach Mike Stoops.
It’s now September and the commitment hasn’t come. Should OU fans be worried? Nope, not at all.
“Coach Stoops was actually the first coach to call me Saturday,” said Robbins, about the first day coaches could call recruits again. “He was just checking up on me. We’re trying to find a date that will work for an official visit.”
2dJake Trotter and Brandon Chatmon